Thread: tactical.wiretapped.net?

tactical.wiretapped.net?

I did a netstat the other day and there were two connections that i wasnt able to account for: tactical.wiretapped.net:21 and tactical.wiretapped.net:60219. now, i'd never been to that site until i just saw it in my netstat like two minutes ago and that high port number is a little freaky, plus it looks like im on some kind of ftp server... maybe my hd is up for download? and wiretapped seems to denote spying of some sort i just did a virus and trojan scan the other day. i checked out wiretapped.com and its an internet security site with a bunch of downloads... dont know how i got connected to it on port 60219

Banned
    Greetings All:

Were you by chance downloading any files from any other security sites? Or reading any zines or text files from them?

Wiretapped has a pretty large database of security related files, and I believe they run several archival spiders as well, to pull content from a range of security sites.

My bet, is a site that you were surfing was linking to their archives (via an ftp link) for text files or programs, so that they could save on their own bandwidth. You probably were visiting them, but just not realizing it.

Nothing that seems out of the ordinary, or that you should be worried about.

whoops, checked my history and it looks like the a game download was comming off one oft their servers... guess the name kinda spooked me wiretapped