Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Microsoft

Well, I found out what a248.e.akamai.net does. Go to Spyblockerantispyware software forums. This is Microsoft's new updater. You have to have it to update your software. Still does not explain why it is on my mailbox, but it tracks what is being sent to you and what you send out. I guess this is given to Microsoft to use as they please. I am to disgusted to talk about it anymore. Just go to the forum and read about it. They also slow down your computer.

Originally posted here by txsidewinder1
    If you know anything about akami, please let me know. Do not say that I have been using drugs or anything like that. I would have given the site's name, but I did not "save" it. All I am doing is passing information on what I have. Akami is on my computer, at earthlink.net. I see it every time I go and check my mail there. This comes up as a248.akami.net. I use to not have it on my computer. Last November it got on my computer. I also have doubleclick and served by. If you think these nets are not spyware, then I got beach property in New Mexico you would be interested in. Please do not reply back to me if you are going to use disparging remarks. Use logic and do not be judgeamental. I am open to suggestions and if you can prove that Akimai.net has not been hired by microsoft and is not adware, please do so in a courteous manner. Thank you.
    ok i think i can help, though i don't know akami, but you can just block the site from access. go to control panel, internet options, privacy, the at the bottom you'll see web sites, hit the edit button, it will take you to a window and you can put the website in and press block access. hope this helps
    everything you say to me takes me one step closer to the edge:
    AND I\'M ABOUT TO BREAK...LP

Thanks for the info. I just wish I could do that and block the site. However, if I do that, then I cannot get any updates for Windows and I believe that windows may not even work if you block this site. Microsoft did it to us again. *#>%>^$ Microsoft.

ummm...thinks

Originally posted here by txsidewinder1
    Thanks for the info. I just wish I could do that and block the site. However, if I do that, then I cannot get any updates for Windows and I believe that windows may not even work if you block this site. Microsoft did it to us again. *#>%>^$ Microsoft.
    well actually maybe you can change the cookie setting on the computer to be prompted about cookies coming off the site. you can block/not block as you need to. whay is akami so wrapped up with your windows program? was it always on your computer? no it came in november...um interesting as that's when i started having alot of hacker problems myself, but am now just aware of them. i don' know your computer or anything, but with mine i can take it back to a previous time, or restore it to its original specs. now if you use your computer for work this would require alot of file back up, but it may be a way to get rid of the program...i had to do it about 3 times to get rid of things that i could not delete out of my system. if windows worked before, why wouldn't it work after? did it give you a new version or something? try blocking it - you can always just unblock it if it doesn't work, mess with cookie settings. i have really tight security right now, and am blocking everything and get cookie flags alot, but since i have had so many problems and was so infected, until i learn more, i'll live with it for awhile: couldn't you manually put updated in from windows/microsoft sites?
    i'm newbe and just learning, so don't be mad/or offended....hands txsidewinder1 virtual drink...

There's a thought echo~

I hadn't really considered cookies.

http://www.winpatrol.com

Use the cookie manager ("nuts") and put "akam" or whatever in the box and add it to blocked items.

You go to a site and it sends a cookie, the cookie is acknowledged then destroyed, but your contact with the site continues and the cookie cannot spy on you.

It works on partial names, which saves you typing in loads of similar sites.

Cheers

hey thanks nihil, since i'm so new i'm glad i could contribute something. if anyone (newbee's esp) needs help with 'system restore', i'm an expert now