Thread: Legal Help

Banned

Legal Help

Ok here's the situation ! My friend DH ANTI FLAG is being "sued" for deleting a website. The website is back up www.razorsem.com . The admin said that ANTI hacked him and he has logs with his IP logging into the admin account and deteing everything. Now ANTI used to help Razor make the website so Razor gave ANTI the admin password, now ANTI got pissed off at something and he deleted everything, can he be sued ? because Razor basicly gave him the login inormation, he didnt hack it. ANd also ANTI wants to know if he can sue Razor for deleting the copy right protesction sign and information from the forum skin, and Razor also has a copy of Adobe PHotoshop 8 CS on his website, can he sue him for having that ? And also he "stole" forums, usually you have to pay for those forums but he got them free somehow....can he sue him for that too ....?

Banned
    I don't even think it matters if it's legal or not. No judge is going to want to listen to high-school stuff like that

You can't sue someone in someone else's name. If ANTI would try to sue Razor for having an illegal copy of PhotoShop, or for "stolen" forums, there is no case, since ANTI doesn't own the PhotoShop copyright. If anyone could sue, it'd be Adobe.

I know little about American law, but the case is civil not criminal, I am pretty sure of that.

Now, a site with 19 members and a world record of 2 members and three guests online......wow.............will he get his picture in the local paper............ probably...........

Would I ever employ him...................a dork like that?....................to quote Mr McEnroe "You cannot be serious"

As for the software, the question is who is the registerted owner? or if the "site" owns it, then who owns the site..........

If anyone has made a copy or installed it on a machine other than those controlled by the registered owner, I would strongly recommend deleting it...........that is an illegal installation, and EULAs are pretty international in their wording.

cheers

Banned
    BTW: the forum software used is e107, and is free software.
    You're even allowed to remove the e107 copyright notice like they did.
    I use that software on two of my sites (I even have the same theme on one of them).

Banned
    oh ok i didnt know that, ANTI FLAG told me to post his. So ANTI FLAG still can e-mail Adobe and tell them about it....And tx for the replies....And about the 19 members, as i said he deleted everything, he restored it yesterday or something like that, used to have a lot more members...

Being The son Of a Successful Lawyer That I am. You have nothing to worry about my friend. As said before By Negative the only company that will have a field day with this is Adobe.

Mostly only the Big Wig company types even care about copyrights. The stuff you hear on the news about copyrights is mainly scare tactics and companies useing peaple as mortars & getting paid big bucks for it. Truth is you could get fined for minor *cough "theft" then do it agian the next day without even spending a day in jail. Aside from that... if the guy gave him the password and basicly told him to do what ever he wanted then there also may be some cases of entrapment here?