Thread: Dilemma

Question Dilemma

I am marked as a newbie but have been a member of Antionline for a long time. I don't post alot (usually only questions of problems I need advice on) but I do alot of reading here and have found Antionline an invalueable source of learning. So cheers to Antionline and all who have helped me in the past -

Actually I'm warming everyone up for another question

I can't get my personal images to show on web pages from my html source nor can I get them to upload onto webpage building templates. I am always getting the little red x or a page can not be displayed screen. There is actually a slight differance between these 2 problems -

The first is when I use a storesonline.com page builder template I can't get images to show or upload from my computer to their site like is supposed to happen.

The second is a bit more involved - When I lived in Asia I built a site. I am now not in Asia and am getting control moved so I have control over the code again by changing ISP and such. But in case something unforeseen happened while this process was going on I went to the site, copied the source code and saved it onto my current comp. as .htm docs. When I go to view this code in a browser the images don't display - is this because the images are not on the computer I'm using now?

Any answers, like always are greatly appreciated. The first instance is the most important as I'm not making the money I should be and if it goes any longer it may start actually costing me money.

Thanks again, in advance, for the help

For the site you DLed on your computer give Teleport [google for it] a try. It has a trial period and such, and you can specify the domain and it will DL everything for you.

I assume you cannot FTP into the server where you have the site now and DL everything like that. Keep the directory structure anyway, and check the source code to make sure the image sources are accurate. As far as I know permissions don't have anything to do with anything, but just in case make sure you have read access for all users on your images [this should not be a problem though, since the page is not locally stored on your own server. anyway]

With the first problem I can not help, sorry. Maybe you should read their FAQs and/or mail somebody in tech support and describe all the steps you took and the fact that you cannot see it.

Hope it helps, cheers!
    /\\

Ok when you copied the source code, did you also copy the pictures etc onto your hard drive? Then once you moved did you put the pictures onto a disk?
    Or is it the same computer, but in another State?
    Because if you only saved the source code, and didn't save the pictures etc onto your hard drive as well, then when you re-upload everything then that would be why you cannot see the pictures, as they are not on the server..
    When you make a back up of your website, you should copy all pictures/ graphics with your source code.
    Then when you re-upload everything to there appropraite spots, you should be able to view everything.

Just curious could you give a link to this site?
    That way we could view the source, and then verify that you have infact stored the pictures/Graphics into the correct places on the Server Directory...

cheers
    front2back:.

P.S: Sorry if this does not make any sense, i've had 1 to many to drink this evening..

For the site you DLed on your computer give Teleport [google for it] a try. It has a trial period and such, and you can specify the domain and it will DL everything for you.
    Or you could try Httrack (http://www.httrack.com/) it's free and work pretty well. I can't say if it's better than Teleport because i've never used that.
    Since the beginning of time, Man has searched for the answers to the big questions: \'How did we get here?\' \'Is there life after death?\' \'Are we alone?\' But today, in this very theatre, you will be asked to answer the biggest question of them all...WHO LIVES IN A PINEAPPLE UNDER THE SEA?