Thread: Certification: Novell or Cisco?

Certification: Novell or Cisco?

Hey guys, whats up? Anway I wanted to ask the professionals what the best cert for a "newb" to go for first is. I am considering either CCNA or CNA, but before this I am going for CompTIA Network+, anyway, I was just wondering which is more valuable, how difficult the tests usually are, etc... Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    \"The wise programmer is told about Tao and follows it. The average programmer is told about Tao and searches for it. The foolish programmer is told about Tao and laughs at it.
    If it were not for laughter, there would be no Tao.\"

i would go for A+ cert first and while you are at it you should go ahead and do the OS's part i took it and it was pretty easy
    chown -r us ./bases

i'm doing A+ hardware and Software. They are easy but you can learn a lot and people appreciate
    them.

Also may i suggets Cisco CCNA. This is class I like the most in my school. In fact I have only gotten one bad grade on it witch was the first chapter of the second semester wich is an overview of semester one and I underestimated it.

Cisco is easy but very good. And all my knoledge of networking come's from there courses. My teacher even pointed me to this site.
    Since the beginning of time, Man has searched for the answers to the big questions: \'How did we get here?\' \'Is there life after death?\' \'Are we alone?\' But today, in this very theatre, you will be asked to answer the biggest question of them all...WHO LIVES IN A PINEAPPLE UNDER THE SEA?

Well if you're even considering Novell why don't you go out and get AmigaDOS certified or even better get a MPE/XL certificate.....

Sarcasm is a powerful tool for the wise.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

Well KorpDeath, although I understand that your comment is poking fun at the hard times Novell has fallen on, just remember that many organizations sometimes plummet than come back. And Novell is on the way back.
    \"The wise programmer is told about Tao and follows it. The average programmer is told about Tao and searches for it. The foolish programmer is told about Tao and laughs at it.
    If it were not for laughter, there would be no Tao.\"

AO French Antique News Whore
    Novell is dead.

Comptia A+, Network, Security is good start-up.

After, Cisco, M$ Exam, Linux Class is good dependant that you like.
    -Simon \"SDK\"