Thread: missing a few things!

missing a few things!

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...type=printable

Two pieces of a highly radioactive fuel rod are missing from a Vermont nuclear plant, and engineers planned to search onsite for the nuclear material, officials said Wednesday.

The fuel rod was removed in 1979 from the Vermont Yankee reactor, which is currently shut down for refueling and maintenance. Remote-control cameras will be used to search a spent fuel pool on the property, officials said.

"We do not think there is a threat to the public at this point…”

now that makes me feel better. Combined with a missing 727 that I heard about last night.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

The material would be fatal to anyone who came in contact with it without being properly shielded, Sheehan said. Spent nuclear fuel also could be used by terrorists to construct so-called dirty bombs that would spread deadly radiation with conventional explosives.
    Combined with a missing 727 that I heard about last night.
    Now it would seem that they have got all the tools needed to cause some damage...

Me thinks that i will start building some sorta RadioActive Proof Bomb Shelter, cause if it is something to do with Terroist, then me thinks we could be in for some trouble.

lucky for dean he dropped out:

The warnings, according to documents obtained by The Associated Press, began in 1991 when a group of students were brought into a secure area of the Vermont Yankee nuclear plant without proper screening. On at least two occasions, a gun or mock terrorists passed undetected into the plant during security tests.

http://www.etalkinghead.com/archives...004-01-04.html
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Re: missing a few things!

Originally posted here by Tedob1
    http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...type=printable

Two pieces of a highly radioactive fuel rod are missing from a Vermont nuclear plant, and engineers planned to search onsite for the nuclear material, officials said Wednesday.

The fuel rod was removed in 1979 from the Vermont Yankee reactor, which is currently shut down for refueling and maintenance. Remote-control cameras will be used to search a spent fuel pool on the property, officials said.

"We do not think there is a threat to the public at this point…”
    now that makes me feel better. Combined with a missing 727 that I heard about last night.
    I thought it was a fighter jet that was missing. (Heard that on NPR) It had left from Arizona and not arrived in California. (Cannot find any news about it right now though)
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

i caught part of it last night in the car on the radio. you might be right i listened for them to repeat the details but they didn't. i 'though' i heard 727 but might have just been something else in the conversation. whichever...its missing!

found it
    http://www.news24.com/News24/Africa/...377582,00.html

Johanensburg - Two men climbed aboard a 727 cargo jet in Angola last month and disappeared into the African sky without a trace, prompting a continent wide search and questions about how a plane so large could just vanish.

you probably heard this:

http://www.krqe.com/topheadline.asp?...adline%5D=4547

State police say four Civil Air Patrol airplanes are in the air this morning, scanning the Truth or Consequences area for a missing jet airplane.
    Ground crews searched through the night for the missing craft -- an older Soviet military MiG-17 that had had been converted to a civilian airplane.

The MiG was flying from Roswell to Phoenix when the pilot reported fuel transfer problems yesterday.

The airplane disappeared from radar minutes after the report.

oh yeah! this just keeps getting better:

http://www.nj.com/news/sunbeam/local...2026324880.xml

Missing tanker truck has officials thinking safety
    Thursday, April 22, 2004
    By Jim Six
    jimsix@sjnewsco.com

A gasoline tanker truck, like the one missing from Pennsauken for more than a week, could disappear in an area heavy with similar truck traffic -- but everyone's keeping a more vigilant eye out these days.

A 1996 Fruehauf tanker with "TK Transport" in large, green letters on its side and New Jersey license plate T852SC was last seen April 8.

<can you spell ammonium nitrate>

Ahhhh.... Seems we are missing a lot these days
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)