Thread: HackThisSite.org Site Problems

HackThisSite.org Site Problems

Having slight trouble with the Application Challenges section of the website. I have hexed the application they give you and found the password necessary to advance. However, when I input the password, gives me some 'not logged in ****'.

I would reccomend that section of the website for those interested in application hexing.
    MySig != Worth your time

YES HTS.org is great.

Yes hts.org is a nice place to learn to learn about security.
    Yes hts.org has nice apps to crack.
    Yes hts.org has nice missions.
    Yes hts.org has it's own forum for stuff like this.
    Yes hts.org has rescources with hints and walkthrougs you can check.
    Yes hts.org has its bugs and problems as usual news
    And YES hts.org has it's own bug report system bug report

It's a shame that you can't enter your password at the moment.
    Try this. Log out at the site. So it says your logged out. Delete the cookies it leaves
    behind. start your browser again. log in again. Try to fill in the password.

Have fun with the other applications
    Since the beginning of time, Man has searched for the answers to the big questions: \'How did we get here?\' \'Is there life after death?\' \'Are we alone?\' But today, in this very theatre, you will be asked to answer the biggest question of them all...WHO LIVES IN A PINEAPPLE UNDER THE SEA?

Yeah they are having some problems as of now and a few months back. I haven't been there for a while, but everytime I got back, they delete all the Applications I have passed. So I just kinda stopped going.
    You shall no longer take things at second or third hand,
    nor look through the eyes of the dead...You shall listen to all
    sides and filter them for your self.
    -Walt Whitman-

AFLAAACKKK!!
    Thats because some of their "trusted" admins delete **** cause they go on a rampage and want revenge for something. I dont know why they do this.
    I am the uber duck!!1
    Proxy Tools

It bugs me

It bugs me to. They trusted that person and because of some silly argument. this person
    goes rampage and try's to take the site down.

It seems that the hack this site program is under somekind of curse. It never gets running
    nice and smooth there's is alway's someone or something that is buggin them.
    Since the beginning of time, Man has searched for the answers to the big questions: \'How did we get here?\' \'Is there life after death?\' \'Are we alone?\' But today, in this very theatre, you will be asked to answer the biggest question of them all...WHO LIVES IN A PINEAPPLE UNDER THE SEA?

Good Day,

I haven't visited HTS in quite awhile, but it's unfortunate that folks immediately target a site after a dispute.

However, from a network security standpoint, isn't there a valuable lesson for us here? Physical security and restricted access is just as important as applying all the latest patches etc. Since you don't really know who you can trust, backups become all the more important. Furthermore, monitoring and so forth, of all employees may have to become the standard and not the exception. Those of you that are the sentinels over networks, definitely have huge charmin moments when/if someone takes you down for even a short time period. Proactive security then reactive, not the other way around?

Just 2 cents worth..

cheers

You are very right.

However, from a network security standpoint, isn't there a valuable lesson for us here? Physical security and restricted access is just as important as applying all the latest patches etc
    How right you are. HTS keeps very good backups the problem is you can't backup every half an our and (i am not sure at this) the person involved had access to a number of backups.

Furthermore, monitoring and so forth, of all employees may have to become the standard and not the exception.
    I agree a lot. The problem is she was "screened" if you can call it that and has worked for hts.org for a time in wich she was very helpfull.

Look at it this way. You hire a sysadmin you screen him and he cheks out fine. He works for your company for 5 years and does his job very good. He has his up's he has his downs but everybody's got those. One day he has a dispute with someone at the office and it completly runs out of hand. Both party's make mistakes and in the end it is decided that the sysadmin should take his leave.

But by now he has access to most of the computers backups and other things and you dond't expect him to compremise those or attack them.

But the sysadmin is angry and wan't revenge if he can't work there than let the place go to hell.
    He deletes your website, adminestration and all the work he can find. To top it all he also deletes all the backups.

When he is done the only thing you have left are old tapestreamed backups from 3 weeks or ago.

Not enough damage to put an end to bussines but a huge setback. And over time he keeps attacking using backdoors and knolidge of the system.

Thats what hts.org has been facing. besides server changes dos attacks and other stuff.

Does this inform you of the proper countermeasures.

Your problem sir has been solved

Having slight trouble with the Application Challenges section of the website. I have hexed the application they give you and found the password necessary to advance. However, when I input the password, gives me some 'not logged in ****'.
    I found this on the news page of hts.org in case you didn't find it yourself already

Mission bug fixed posted on Sat 04.24.04 by The_Anarchist

Hi folks,i just fixed the problems with the missions.
    Now it doesnt say " u have to be logged in ..." anymore.
    Cya