Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tutorial: What to avoid while writing a tutorial

ah hah hah hah, that's funny....the tut on writing a tut part I mean. I've never written a tut for this site, because personally, I feel most of the tuts on here are a rehash of another tut that can be found either here, or on a search engine, I guess I could do the same, but I'll pass. It makes sense, though, b/c it's supposed to be a forum for learning. That's just my 2 cents, though, I'm just a troll.

That sounded kinda rude, didn't mean it like that. I've gotten some good info off of here, but it seems like most of the newer tuts, actually the ones from about when I became an actual member, are a rehash....with a few exceptions.
    Every now and then, one of you won't annoy me.

I think this article is quite useful and helpful for those who are to post their tutorials. There are really things we need to pay special attention to, not only to show our respect to the website administrators as well as the other members and guests, but also to show our own values, spirits, or, attitudes. We need to be careful, concerned about things that we're doing.
    By the way, I am a stranger to AO. Hopefully I can learn something and enjoy it.

Thanks for the info.

4. Don't start a tutorial and after one screen of text write "more to come" or "to be continued". It implies that you are in a hurry. Tutorials written in a hurry are usually inaccurate or incomplete and, as such, they are of little use.
    - Best way to put it... if you rush while writing a tutorial, it would just end up looking like a rough draft.

It's good to see people reading the FAQs along with the AO rules, but apparently you missed the one about replying to super old threads. The other guy did too.... This was done in 2004 and the fish who did it no longer comes here anyway.

I'm not busting your balls or anything like that, but this is a pretty old post.