View Poll Results: dedicated AO exploit team

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes this sounds like a great idea...i have some spare time to help

1 14.29%
  • no its ok...their are plenty other ppl doing this...no free time

2 28.57%
  • why would you even sugest this WWA?....."go put your box in the street and shut the hell up WWA"

4 57.14%

Thread: security programs ?????

Banned

security programs ?????

hi i am very new here so if i become a screw up dont blame me. can you guys tell me the best security programs out there

Elite Hacker
    The only way I see a proxy as a security program is when it hides your ip so that malacious hax0rs can't see it and try and hack you. Are you talking security programs like firewalls or like stuff to test security such as nmap or nessus? nmap is a very good tool. I have never really used nessus, but if you know how to use it, which I don't, it can really help you identify weaknesses in your system.

As far as stuff to keep you secure. Get some Anti-virus software (www.grisoft.com has a free one called AVG) and maybe a firewall. I say maybe, because there are ways to shutdown all the services running on your box to make all the ports closed. Just check out this thread. If you choose to go with a firewall, which I recommend, here is a good thread to check out.

Also, use the search feature on this forum located here. You will be pleasantly surprised at how much info is here. Good luck.

Banned
    I meen programs to secure my computer (i already have firewall )

Banned
    ok i installed avg now is there any other program that i should get

Elite Hacker
    http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/source/regmon.shtml
    that looks like a good program, and also lists other programs that monitor other things
    Filemon - a file system activity monitor
    Tdimon - a TCP/IP monitor
    Portmon - a serial and parallel port monitor
    PMon - a process and thread monitor (NT/Win2K)
    Diskmon - a hard disk monitor (NT/Win2K)
    DebugView - a debug output monitor
    They have a lot of good programs at www.sysinternals.com

Also check out Spybot search and destroy along with adaware. You can find them at www.google.com by searching, along with most any other thing on the internet. Those two combined will catch a lot of spyware, which isn't good and can pose a security risk. There are other programs such as HijackThis. You should have been able to find a lot of these if you used our forum search feature. Also you may want to encypt sensitive info for more security. Just search google for encryption. PGP is good I think. There are so many things out there, but a lot of them are probably useless. Just be careful.

Banned

ok

the cleaner had the perfect monitoring tool but I cant pay for the cleaner. is there a program that deos the same thing as the cleaner change monitor

ps thanks for helping me