Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How I can get userid from the other computer to my webpage ?

How I can get userid from the other computer to my webpage ?

Hi, all.. Does anyone can help me, how I can get userid from the other computer to my webpage in my intranet ? Is there any software or sample code out there to solve my question ?

I have no problem with bad english yust look at mine But this is hard to understand. Maybe you could try to refrase this or have someone who knows english a bit better frase this for you.
    Since the beginning of time, Man has searched for the answers to the big questions: \'How did we get here?\' \'Is there life after death?\' \'Are we alone?\' But today, in this very theatre, you will be asked to answer the biggest question of them all...WHO LIVES IN A PINEAPPLE UNDER THE SEA?

Just Another Geek
    What kind of webserver? Apache or IIS?
    Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Thanks Moon, I just want to know : If I have a webpage (*.html) program, and this program has been installed in our intranet server (so that everyone in our office can access this program), can I know who is connecting to my webpage ? can I get their userid ?
    Can anyone help this problem ?

my server is Apache...

Just Another Geek
    Apache normaly doesn't log usernames. It does log the clients IP address. If you want to know their usernames you'll have to create some sort of logon page so users can identify themselves.
    Oliver's Law:

I'm making this up as i go so i dont know if this can work. But besides the logins wich are a good idea you could do a finger or a lookup through netbios on the ip's or maybe you can write a script that can it for you.

But someone else will have to look at that because I don't have enough experience or knoledge about website building .
    Since the beginning of time, Man has searched for the answers to the big questions: \'How did we get here?\' \'Is there life after death?\' \'Are we alone?\' But today, in this very theatre, you will be asked to answer the biggest question of them all...WHO LIVES IN A PINEAPPLE UNDER THE SEA?

It is possible but we would need to know more about your site. As I recall, there is an option in the apache configuration file (http.conf) that could give you some login options. I don't have my books handy but I believe you an use NTLM and it would interact with smbd, nmbd and winbindd which would have to be configured for your network beforehand. THis would allow a user who is already logged into your network to access your site and the login proess for your site would be automatic. I use a similar set up on my proxy servers which are running on Linux with Squid.

I did a quick google and fiund this site. http://modntlm.sourceforge.net/
    It shows the NTLM mod for Apache.

Once you have it set up you will be able to track who is on your site.

Just Another Geek
    Quick note on modntlm: This only works with Internet Explorer! You cannot use NTLM authentication with other browsers.
    Oliver's Law:

Indeed. You are correct. I did not know what he had in his network and I made an assumption. I should have been a little more specific.