Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: are hacking websites safe?

Well........

Originally posted here by nihil
    Well that one is easy, AO is being assimilated by an ANZAC (Australian and NewZealand Forces) British cartel.....this is just a start? Bill Gates will be allowed to continue his miserable existence, only if he satisfies the cartel that he has aquired significant Linux skills in the next three months.

He is permitted to purchase SCO, but I have personally advised him that I could suggest much better toilet tissue than their stock certificates?

Slightly more seriously (only just?) "cheers" is a drinking toast in the UK, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, and parts of Canada. It means "I wish you well", I suppose? It is sort of a greeting and parting phrase between friends/aquaintances.

I have personalised the phrase:

"Jeers queers, may your earholes turn to a$$holes and sh1t down your collar"

But I was probably thinking of people who try to patent public domain knowledge at the time?

?
    TRINITY IS COOL........
    http://pub2.ezboard.com/btrinityland
    (C++ Novice)

Well that one is easy, AO is being assimilated by an ANZAC (Australian and NewZealand Forces) British cartel.....this is just a start? Bill Gates will be allowed to continue his miserable existence, only if he satisfies the cartel that he has aquired significant Linux skills in the next three months.
    Yes that's right, us Aussies are invading AO.
    Just like when we invaded Vietnam we are gonna invade AO.
    No premises serving any kind of alcholic beverage will be safe, as we are taking no prisoners
    And nihil how could you expose this to everyone, you are the Captain for this take-over and you are letting our secret information out to everyone, how could you... .

cheers big ears
    f2b

Not all of them are like that man. HackThisSite, has some good excercises for newbies, and fun stuff if you know what you are doing (just not very hard..). Hackerslab is also a good wargame. I haven't been to hackers.com for a while, but they had some good information and I think (not sure) the people who run it know what they are doing. HappyHacker has some good basic information including AgentSteals little essay on getting caught.
    Hackers.com is down right now... That's why I came here... The admins won't tell why its down, they just said it is and that it will be back up sometime in the next 5 years Lot of good that does... Anyways they are ALL whitehats there, they ban anyone who puts even the slightest tint of illegal material... They are even more strict than AO...

PHP/PostgreSQL guy
    The site hackerslab.org is fun for everyone outside of Korea until you get to level 11's exercise.

As for being safe online, watch what you visit, run appropriate tools afterwards (or at start of every session), use alternate tools (I use Opera), etc...
    We the willing, led by the unknowing, have been doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much with so little for so long that we are now qualified to do just about anything with almost nothing.

Re: are hacking websites safe?

Originally posted here by da_da_man101
    hello every1 on antionline,
    I am wonerding if websites are safe as some website that contain infomation about hacking and give tutorials about it. But as we all know not all websites are safe so my question is how do you know whether websites that contains hacking tutorials are safe or not. and where do I learn from. (I am only learning and wish to only gain intelligence for a career as an security consultant)
    thanks
    Anyone who directs you to learn how to hack and they provide a website, beware and that is no ****. You can never imagine how many hackers install Trojan Horses on their websites that you want to download stuff from. If you want to learn about hacking my suggestion is to have this passion in your heart, install Windows without a firewall and visit as many hacking Newsgroups and Security websites. Then learn how to view and show your hidden files and go to your C:Windows directory and look at the hidden files that hackers install.

trackit

Re: are hacking websites safe?

Originally posted here by da_da_man101
    hello every1 on antionline,
    I am wonerding if websites are safe as some website that contain infomation about hacking and give tutorials about it. But as we all know not all websites are safe so my question is how do you know whether websites that contains hacking tutorials are safe or not. and where do I learn from. (I am only learning and wish to only gain intelligence for a career as an security consultant)
    thanks
    Anyone who directs you to learn how to hack and they provide a website, beware and that is no ****. You can never imagine how many hackers install Trojan Horses on their websites that you want to download stuff from. If you want to learn about hacking my suggestion is to have this passion in your heart, install Windows without a firewall and visit as many hacking Newsgroups and Security websites. Then learn how to view and show your hidden files and go to your C:Windows directory and look at the hidden files that hackers install.

trackit

PS: What the hell is with people saying Cheers at the end of their post now...
    to answer this question... I have asked the same question.. seems many posts are signed like mine have for years.. it is time for me to aquire a new parting .. perhaps

Park it
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

PS: What the hell is with people saying Cheers at the end of their post now...
    to answer this question... I have asked the same question.. seems many posts are signed like mine have for years.. it is time for me to aquire a new parting .. perhaps

Park it
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

T3h Ch3F

Re: Re: are hacking websites safe?

Originally posted here by trackit
    If you want to learn about hacking my suggestion is to have this passion in your heart, install Windows without a firewall and visit as many hacking Newsgroups and Security websites. Then learn how to view and show your hidden files and go to your C:Windows directory and look at the hidden files that hackers install.

trackit

Better yet, forget about the Passion in your heart and update your virus DAT. files on a regular basis , as MM stated in more words, be aware of your system.

My PC and MAC, are like my kids, if they make a noise in the night, I am there to check on them. Breast feed em too.

Just use common sense, and you will be fine. Remember if it seems to good to be true, it more than likely is. IE: Free D-Loads of Movies not yet Made! (Warez Bullcrap).

Take Care-

Tell me this guy had no clue he would Ownzor the world, even in 77'

http://thesmokinggun.com/mugshots/gatesmug1.html

Have a great weekend all!
    Get some good religion from Bad Religion.

T3h Ch3F

Re: Re: are hacking websites safe?

Originally posted here by trackit
    If you want to learn about hacking my suggestion is to have this passion in your heart, install Windows without a firewall and visit as many hacking Newsgroups and Security websites. Then learn how to view and show your hidden files and go to your C:Windows directory and look at the hidden files that hackers install.

trackit

Better yet, forget about the Passion in your heart and update your virus DAT. files on a regular basis , as MM stated in more words, be aware of your system.

My PC and MAC, are like my kids, if they make a noise in the night, I am there to check on them. Breast feed em too.

Just use common sense, and you will be fine. Remember if it seems to good to be true, it more than likely is. IE: Free D-Loads of Movies not yet Made! (Warez Bullcrap).

Take Care-

Tell me this guy had no clue he would Ownzor the world, even in 77'

http://thesmokinggun.com/mugshots/gatesmug1.html

Have a great weekend all!
    Get some good religion from Bad Religion.