Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mup.sys

Regal Making Handler
    Problem: I don't have a Windows CD, only an eMachines recovery disk (without a recovery console).
    Never used one of these type of disks, is it not bootable? can you not boot to it and do a recovery/restore/repair?

Jinxy
    What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad. - Dave Barry

Banned
    Those disks have an image of the OS on them, to restore the box to factory settings. I could do that with the laptop (and I'm going to), but I've tried it numerous times with the desktop, and the problem remains.

Regal Making Handler
    You could try downloading the floppy boot disk files from microsoft. Have not neaded them myself, so i don't no what tools they include. Just an idea.

That's if the desktop has a floppy drive of course.
    What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad. - Dave Barry

Hmm...

Neg, I have an emachine and I have never come accross this problem and my emachine is less then 2 months old. Though it is running Pro and now home.

I haven't tried out Knoppix STD but I would assume you could use that to repair it. I might be wrong though.

Hmm...

Thinking about it, if you could get it to Safe Mode. Just out of curiousity, have the system clocks on either of the machines been changed. I had a problem a while back where something like this happened. The problem was the system clocks were set ahead way to far, I mean like a decade ahead.

Now you have me thinking, brb. I have something I am about to try.

jinxy don't qoute me on this but the floopies hold a restore disk.