Thread: Printer Help.

Printer Help.

NW: MS
    Printer:
    I setup a printer with the latest drivers. The printer is on the network, hooked to another computer. The other computer is also running 98. It was working fine for about 2 weeks. All of a sudden the lady told me it's not printing to that printer. When I looked at in the control panel at the printer,

"Use Printer Offline" is checked. I try to uncheck it and then

"Enter Network Password" comes up.

"Resource \\NPIERCEPC\HP5 [OK]
    Password ____________ [Cancel]"

---

"NPIERCEPC" is the name of the computer the printer is connected too.

I have NO idea why it is asking for a password. I have NO idea what the password is. I have tried all the passwords that I thought it could possably be. I uninstalled the printer and reinstalled it. For a few days it works, but then again the same thing.

I do not know what is going on. No matter who logs on, it's the same. It is only on this computer.

Does anyone have ANY ideas?

Just a question. When the problem occurs, have you rebooted the computer and logged back into the network.

You know, I have no idea. The user of it is not here or I would ask. That is a good question though. Very good.

AFLAAACKKK!!
    Some times, when the proper security measures have not been taken, someone can control the way the printer works, just as if they had admin control over the printer. All the other user needs is to have access to any compute on the network, if its set to print from any computer on the network. I know because it can be done on my school network, but the sys admin has software that greys it out.
    I am the uber duck!!1
    Proxy Tools

Check the printer sharing rights, see if theres a password there naturally. And of course infiltrators reboot question is the first thing you should ask.... always he he
    ~THEJRC~
    I\'ll preach my pessimism right out loud to anyone that listens!
    I\'m not afraid to be alive.... I\'m afraid to be alone.