Greetings All:

Well, after all of these years of being a network fart in bowls of the internet, hacker Erik Ginorio, aka Bronc Buster, has been indicted in federal court.

Hopefully this will do away with him for a very very long time....

=-=-=-=-=

April 28 - The hero of the Oct. 1998 Chinese hacktivism defacements was arrested on an April 9, 2004 indictment on four Federal felonies of a far less noble nature. According to the indictments handed down by the Sacramento Federal prosecutors office, Erik "Bronc Buster" Ginorio, conspired with Christopher "tecdady" Burgess, who was an aggrieved ex-employee of a web design company, to break into its databases and damage them on June 26, 2003. Losses are estimated at $250,000.

The two could face up to five years in prison and $250K in fines if convicted of the conspiracy charges, followed by up to three years of supervised release; and up to ten years behind bars, $250 K in fines followed by three years of supervisory release on the intrusion charges.

=-=-=-=-=
You may also remember Bronc Buster as the jackass that once convinced a wired news reporter that was desperately seeking to get in bed with him and Brian Martin (of attrition.org) to run the lame story that AntiOnline was paying hackers to break into websites. (Yes, that article is officially filed in the "wtf" registry of things that make you say "wtf").

On a personal note, I am glad to finally see the bad guys going down, and going down hard. I think it was best said by the Tonight Show's 93 year old fruit cake lady :

She was once asked, "Why do some people want to make trouble for everyone?"

Her reply, based on 93 years of wisdom?

"They're just born *******s. They'll live their lives as *******s. And they'll die as *******s. There's nothing you can do about it. Not one thing on earth. Nothing!"

I think she's right, and I think Erik is a perfect case in point!