Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bronc Buster Indicted

Well... i don't know if this would fit in with this discussion.. but what the hell

I can remember a few years ago AO had two really cool features. First, a free e-mail service. I had an account, but never really used it. Second, it had a listing of attacks that were attempted against the server.

So, what happened to these services? are they only for "senier" members?

Sorry, but i've been offline since sept 2002 and just got back on in the middle of march 2004.

edit:
    You might notice that i've been a memeber since oct 2002... but i just said i was offline... It's due to library computers.
    You are so bored that you are reading my signature?

Banned
    AntiOnline is now owned by JupiterMedia. JP sold the site a little over a year ago.

The free e-mail service disappeared before JupiterMedia took over (due to some problems with the mail-provider, if I'm correct?). Not sure what happened to the listing of attacks...

Banned
    AntiOnline is now owned by JupiterMedia. JP sold the site a little over a year ago.

The free e-mail service disappeared before JupiterMedia took over (due to some problems with the mail-provider, if I'm correct?). Not sure what happened to the listing of attacks...

Banned
    Greetings:

As Negative said, Jupiter Media acquired AntiOnline about a year ago.

The free e-mail service died because Jupiter Media wanted me to terminate them before the site was transfered to them (plenty of time was given for active members to remove mail from the server, and notify people that the address would no longer be valid). Same goes for the hack attempts page, and AntiOnline IRC.

I still have all of the hack attempts code, might add it to my new site, and maybe make it available to others for use on their sites as well. We'll see what happens.

IRC as I said is now available at irc.YoursInCyberSpace.com

Non-security related discussions are welcome at http://www.YoursInCyberSpace.com/

All security related discussions, of course, are still available here at www.AntiOnline.com

Welcome back after your long hiatus!

Banned
    Greetings:

As Negative said, Jupiter Media acquired AntiOnline about a year ago.

The free e-mail service died because Jupiter Media wanted me to terminate them before the site was transfered to them (plenty of time was given for active members to remove mail from the server, and notify people that the address would no longer be valid). Same goes for the hack attempts page, and AntiOnline IRC.

I still have all of the hack attempts code, might add it to my new site, and maybe make it available to others for use on their sites as well. We'll see what happens.

IRC as I said is now available at irc.YoursInCyberSpace.com

Non-security related discussions are welcome at http://www.YoursInCyberSpace.com/

All security related discussions, of course, are still available here at www.AntiOnline.com

Welcome back after your long hiatus!