Thread: INFO2 overwritten or deleted?

INFO2 overwritten or deleted?

I read everywhere that you can try and find deleted INFO2 files. Im running XP and when I empty the recycle bin and look in Winhex the INFO2 file is there at the same offset just cleansed. So does anyone know if the INFO2 file is deleted and recreated or if it's just cleansed. I have tried this a few times and the INFO2 file is always at the same offset every time.

Regal Making Handler
    I did a quick google and found this

The second place that the recycle bin history can be found is in deleted INFO/INFO2 files. If someone completely 'empties' the Recycle Bin, then the current INFO/INFO2 file is deleted and a new one created. The new INFO/INFO file is usually created in a new location, leaving the previous INFO/INFO2 file in unallocated space. With the advent of larger hard drives, there is a good chance that the deleted INFO/INFO2 file will not be overwritten for some time.
    Here is the full article:

http://www.datalifter.com/tutorial/R...art_3_of_7.htm

Jinxy
    What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad. - Dave Barry

tnx, but I still can't understan why my new info file is in the exakt same place when I look in Winhex....

tnx, but I still can't understan why my new info file is in the exakt same place when I look in Winhex....

Myabe because your hard drive space is such that there is no room any where else for it?

Just a guess....or your looking at something other than the address??

Myabe because your hard drive space is such that there is no room any where else for it?

Just a guess....or your looking at something other than the address??