Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tips and Tricks Forum

Tips and Tricks Forum

Hey Hey...

Me again... Getting pissed of yet over there? hah...

Anyways... here's my latest suggestion.. a Tips and Tricks forum.... A lot of people post little "blurbs", if you will, in the tutorials forums or in GCC or in any other random forums because they aren't sure where to put them. A lot of us have useful little tidbits of information floating around in our heads, but they aren't nearly long enough to produce a real tutorial out of. Somewhat like the QuickTips.. however not just advice, but work arounds, fixes and other such things. Anyways I think it would be useful if we had a centralized forum where we could post these and then they'd be searchable, and easily accessible.. People could append information to them, and there could be follow up posts to update them.

And while I'm at it.. how about a recipes forum like someone mentioned.. I've got lots of them to share hehe j/k

Peace,
    HT

Well, I sure am not interested in a recipes forum myself, but a tricks and tips (tweaks) forum is a great idea.
    Maybe even an area like the old downloads section, with maybe someone like HT maintaining it and keeping it updated. (heh heh heh.....I like voluntering HT for work)

Edit -- why can't I get the spell checker to work with firefox? (it just sits there)
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

It sounds good. Maybe this type of Forum should of been set up a while ago.

Gr8 Idea! HT! I vote 4 the suggesion.
    Maybe, It should be done soon...
    XNikon
    please don\'t visit www.BusyTalk.com

Gr8 Idea! HT! I vote 4 the suggesion.
    Maybe, It should be done soon...
    XNikon
    please don\'t visit www.BusyTalk.com

Hey Hey,

I'm bumping an old post of mine because I really think we need this, if not this then something else... It's getting horrid the quality of posts in the Security Tutorials forum.... it's almost in the area of 50% that are NOT tutorials. I end up hitting the report this post button because if I neg it, someone else will just come along and "even it up because they don't deserve to be negged"... If you don't believe me about the horrid quality of the tutorials.. check these two out
    http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=258199
    http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=258197

Peace,
    HT

HTRegz: Yeah, I agree with your post and I second your suggestion. Sound's like a good idea, wouldn't take long (at all) to implement, so it's up to the mod's/admin's.
    Space For Rent.. =]

Banned
    Wow, those "Tutorials" really suck, the dude just says "Encrypt the data" anewbie reads the tut and thinks.... what does encrypt mean, how do i do that, what data ...? a tutorial need to explain a step-by-step process and not just say "do this" ....

agree with u HT as always....

Maybe you should have "posted a poll" along with this thread to see the amount of interest.

Surley the people who paticipate in this site should have a say in how it could be run, so maybe if you get enough votes something can be done?

I would suggest dividing the tutorial forums up altogether, as the computer/IT industry is far to wide and varied to just have two tuturial sections!

Maybe divide it up into, Programing , Networking Protocol's , Networking Hardware, Installing Hardware, etc etc etc there is loads that could be added.

It would also make searching for a tutorial when you have a problem a lot easier too!

Banned
    It would also make searching for a tutorial when you have a problem a lot easier too
    Thats why we have the Tut INDEX made by negative.

http://www.neg.be/index/

and if there were that many forums here,. would be a waste of sapce, and there would be too many forums to search....it's better this way.