Thread: Registry Cleaner

Registry Cleaner

Wasn't sure where to put this, but I figure that taking care of your registry is certainly security related. Anyway, I used to use a program called RegCleanr by Jouni Vuorio but I no longer have the program so I went searching for it. Unfortunately, it appears Jouni Vuorio sold out and now the program is shareware. I did quite a bit of searching after that to find a similar program, but no beans. Microsoft has a free regtool but it doesn't do anything except make some minor adjustments to the registry that you have no control over. So, if anyone is familiar with RegCleanr and happens to know of another program identical in capabilities and that is also free I would be happy to know of it. That said, I guess I'll keep searching unless or until you folks can point me in the right direction. If you don't feel like this post belongs here please let me know where ones like this would go. Thank you.

-powbam

\"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

Ahhh moxnix... though I to also admire google, I have been down that road before. Even though some of the search results do come up as FREE Registry Cleaner and all that hogwash, a closer look will show the truth of the lie. And if I type in free registry cleaner, well now, I still get the same hogwash. Thanks for the enthusiasm but being an AO noob does not necessarily mean I'm a search noob. I do truly try all other alternatives before posting my questions. The word of the day here is "FREE". Unfortunately, free and good registry cleaner do not seem to apply anymore. Seems I'm gonna hafta break down and buy RegSupreme, which is the name they changed RegCleanr to when they stuck the price tag on it.

Try:

http://www.pcdigest.net/dir/detailed/3381.shtml

Thats the version of RegCleaner that I use.

Download is the green gibberish on the right below the spinning CD

Cheers

EDIT: The above link seems to be out of action..........this worked a few minutes ago:

http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail.php3?fid=963771680

And it is in English!

Also there is http://www.registry-clean.net/ which has a 15 day trial period.
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

Cool... thank you all for the help... seems I'm gonna have to bookmark some of these sites for future reference. I went ahead and dl'ed RegScrubXP that seqrets suggested. I will probably get a few of the others also because I read somewhere that using a few different ones was a good idea since they each tend to catch stuff the others don't. Much appreciated ya'll!

-powbam