Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Site Check Forum

Banned

Site Check Forum

Another forum...

I've seen some posts showing up lately where people post links to their site(s) and ask for advice on the looks and feels of that site. Some of those posts get closed (asking people to visit your Outwar site on AntiOnline isn't exactly a good idea), some get negged, but a lot of them are decent posts.
    To avoid confusion ("is it advertizing or not?"), maybe a Site Check forum would be in order. People could post a link to their site, and the AntiOnline community could comment/advise.
    Changing the look of the internet, one site at a time, if you want...

Banned
    Im for it....

Hmm kind of like this Idea Negative.
    But i'd suggest that post count and AP's don't count towards that Forum though, cause you would get people re-posting about there site each time they add something, or change something etc etc.
    Don't know if JupMedia would go for this though..

Originally posted here by .:front2back:.
    Hmm kind of like this Idea Negative.
    But i'd suggest that post count and AP's don't count towards that Forum though, cause you would get people re-posting about there site each time they add something, or change something etc etc.
    Don't know if JupMedia would go for this though..
    I would disagree, APs are a great way to regulate these forums without always having to call on a Mod. If you allow an AP-free forum, it is asking for abuse. I'm sure we will see plenty of Penny-Click links and Spam in this forum, but once the negs start flying it will stop or (slow down atleast).

Ok maybe have it so that you can still assign AP's. But post count shouldn't count in the forum though.

cheers
    f2b

Banned
    With some people having 800+ posts in one thread, who cares about postcount in a new forum?
    Penny-click links and the likes wouldn't be allowed though... that's just a waste of time for AOers, and not what the forum's intentions would be.

I know I'm a Newbie here and my opinion doesn't count for much, but what's the difference with someone posting in such a forum and simply being a posting whore elsewhere in the site? I mean, if a user can post drivel in other forums and have them count, why not in the new forum?

With some people having 800+ posts in one thread, who cares about postcount in a new forum?
    I think I speak for MemorY and I when I say: I resent that! But seriously, I'm all for it and I think it's a great idea. Definitely something we should've had for awhile I think.
    Space For Rent.. =]

Banned
    Just to straighten something out: users having 800+ posts in one thread doesn't bother me at all... most of those users have a bunch of posts in other forums as well.
    But it changes if you think about this: it takes 275 posts to get into the Addicts Forum. Any user could sign up, and postwhore his way into the Addicts Forum in a matter of days, all with worthless posts in that one worthless thread (no offense ).

There are enough opportunities on AO to be a postwhore. Having an extra forum won't change a thing. Postwhores are only limited by the "penalty" time between posts

Banned
    Penny-click links and the likes wouldn't be allowed though... that's just a waste of time for AOers, and not what the forum's intentions would be.
    Or AP's shouldnt count, but make a new mod if no-one of u guys want to mod that new forum....and that mod should only watch that forum. Nothing less nothing more....

and btw:

most of those users have a bunch of posts in other forums as well.
    507 to be exact, and those massive amounts of posts in GCC that are tech-security related....

Post should count, and as msntgrl said, it's hard to exclude a forum from the AP system so why bother...just give someone trustworthy mod status for that forum only. or if Negative or MsM have time or Ennis. they should watch it....