Thread: Encryption

Unhappy Encryption

Hello all,

This may date me a little, but I am looking for an encryption program, one that was fictitiously depicted in the Val Kilmer movie, The Saint, it was used when he was searching for employment. It seems to hide the cipher text within a normal message and combs through to remove the desired plain text message. Can anyone help? I would appreciate it.

Replicant

you can prob. write something like this yourself fairly quickly in java. All it would have to so is use something like stringTokenizer and you can set it to keep like every five charactors or something like that. (whatever you would want for the cypher) If you dont program I'm not familiar with a program that does this offhand. I'm sure someone has writen one similar though. And if you want help to write something like this let me know and ill help you out.
    Ben Franklin said it best. \"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.\"

Replicant,

ah yes, good ole Steganography I believe is what you are referring to. Most commonly the info is hidden by inserting it into the least significant bits of the host file. The data can also be hidden after the End of File marker of the file. And the scarest: some programs work with MS Word files.

There are a multitude of tools for steganography here's a web site with an intensive list:

www.stegoarchive.com

I would also recommend "Hiding in Plain Sight" by Eric Cole

have fun...lol

cheers

--Yeah, this is an old post, but I love breathing new life into old threads....

This could be a fun program to write... Have a certain "password" determine the placement of significant characters, then match the character placement to a word in a dictionary of the desired length and insert. The only problems is, unless you can find a computer that took 4 years of English, the grammar would leave much to be desired...

willow trees sufficiently elaborate deeds. <- you could either have it do something like the 2nd letter of every word (muy low security)

Or have it place them in certain positions in the text, ignoring whitespace.

You could even have it take an exisiting document, find the letters it needs, determine the positioning, and create a key based on those numbers...

Funfunfun.
    I\'m back.

embro1001,

The following is obviously part of a "C" program depicting Rot13, however you can crank almost any algorithm in. Your creativity is the only limit.

while ((user_input=getchar( ) )) {

if (islower (user_input))
    user_input= ('a'+13) % 26;

if(isupper(user_input))
    user_input=('A'+13) % 26;
    putchar(user_input);
    }

enjoy!
    Connection refused, try again later.

I too program in C/C++, and I am wondering if you had correct syntax.

Shouldn't it be the following, or shouldn't it be something similar to it?

while (user_input=getchar()) {
    if (islower (user_input))
    user_input = ('a'+13) % 26;

if(isupper(user_input))
    {
    user_input = ('A'+13) % 26;
    putchar(user_input);
    }
    }

Note: I am more familiar with C++ syntax, so I may be wrong.
    --> MyWebsite <--

klassasin,

Thanks, I didn't compile it this morning when I wrote it, but this evening I put in the open paren's. and it works

here's another one that works as well:

int c;

while((c=getchar())!=EOF){
    if(c&gt;='a'&&c&lt;='m')c=c+13;
    else if(c&gt;='n'&&c&lt;='z')c=c-13;
    else if(c&gt;='A'&&c&lt;='M')c=c+13;
    else if(c&gt;='N'&&c&lt;='Z')c=c-13;
    putchar(c);
    }

Connection refused, try again later.

Cool. I will try to figure out ROT13 in C++. Give me a bit.

--> MyWebsite <--