Thread: why are backup sets empty

why are backup sets empty

i've scheduled backups of some folders for 4:00AM and let them run daily as test... today i realized that the "backup sets" are empty

one of my friend had the same problem

what am i missing?

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    what am i missing?
    I could say "the data"..... But I won't.... I'm too nice.....

What OS and what are the parameters of the scheduled backup..... make sure you don't have some blank backup set, it can be easy to do.
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

yeah ... the data

i don't know what to tell you about "parameters" but i checked 3 different folders for back up and scheduled them "daily" not "now" . i set the time for 4AM... when i look at the little calendar thingy in "schedule" tab in "backup" it shows that the schedule is fine... when i look at the "scheduler" log... it show that the backup ran & finished as it should

i thought that the "backup set" is the file you get after you backup but you say "make sure you don't have some blank backup set"

how can i make the "set" blank if i checked folders to be backed up and the actual back up takes like 20 minutes

don't know what to do

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    How big is the resultant file?
    Did you set incremental or full backup?

In my terminology the "backup set" is the scheduled files to be backed up..... I might be wrong..... It's what I have always called it..... I've always known the resultant file as the archive or simply the backup......
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

this may sound really stupid but you dont have your hard drive shut off after a certain amount of idle time or go into hibrination do you?
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Heya Rabit - What OS? We talkin' Veritas or something else? Backing up to disk, tape? Compressions? Alert Messages? Event Logs?

I think just a little more info would go a long way.
    David