Thread: mIRC .. Where ?

mIRC .. Where ?

Hello All:

I've heard that there are many informative chat rooms at mIRC
    I've downloaded mIRC (I'm new to using of mIRC.)
    I've tried connecting to different rooms.. all of them are empty, and me as the only chatter (so embarassing)..
    Can anyone guide me which channel are worthwhile connecting.
    Which are the channels where most antionliners chat ??

Thanks.
    XNikon
    please don\'t visit www.BusyTalk.com

Hi,
    mIRC is a type of IRC client, that is used to connect and interface with the different IRC servers and channels.
    Your best bet would be to go to the 'Secruity Tutorial Formum' and look in the great tutorial sticky that Negative wrote. (ie: http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=251708 ) Then just a little of the way down that page you will find:
    IRC

Introduction to IRC and AO IRC - MsMittens

Getting on IRC - valhallen
    Basic IRC commands - Souleman
    Advanced IRC commands - Souleman
    IRC Operator commands - Souleman
    IRC flags - Souleman
    IRC safety - khakisrule
    IRC Administration & Defense - Syini666
    Configuring UnrealIRCD - Jethro
    Now if you were to start reading from this list, you will find that almost all of your questions are answered.......even the ones you don't know that you wanted to ask about yet.
    Have fun.
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

I use the latest version of mIRC. I don't think I need any commands I saw in some tutorials.
    I would like to know which channel do u find informative people.. (I'd like to learn more on secuirty related ...)
    XNikon
    please don\'t visit www.BusyTalk.com

To find specific servers with the chat you are looking for try www.SearchIRC.com

Yea was just about to mention searchirc.com but most AO members hang out on
    Server: irc.unerror.com
    Port: 6667
    Channel: #lobby
    WARNING: THIS SIGNATURE IS SHAREWARE PLEASE REGISTER THIS SIGNATURE BY SENDING ME MONEY TO SEE THE COMPLETE SIGNATURE!

I wouldn't say MOST AO members, but some definitely do.
    Chris Shepherd
    The Nelson-Shepherd cutoff: The point at which you realise someone is an idiot while trying to help them.
    \"Well as far as the spelling, I speak fluently both your native languages. Do you even can try spell mine ?\" -- Failed Insult
    Is your whole family retarded, or did they just catch it from you?

I would suggest searching the IRC database for a topic an checking out some of the rooms. I would also check frequently, some of the rooms I hang out in are dead M-T and packed on Sat Nights. If you check out BinRev.com they have a chat room open during the live broadcast of their hacker talk show. Its great to check out. Other than that, all I can say is check out as much of IRC as you can handle.

Just Another Geek
    It probably took you some time to get a grip on the world wide web and you've probably spend a huge amount of time to find your way around. IRC is just another world on the Internet. This too will take you some time to get a grip on and to find your way around in it.
    Once you've mastered the art of IRC you can move on to even more worlds (like usenet )

To get a grip on IRC I suggest reading at least 'Getting on IRC' and 'Basic IRC commands' mentioned in moxnix post. You should then be ready to go to the server/channel Raion mentioned. Once there I'm sure there will be someone around that'll help you to get even more knowledge about IRC.
    Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Just Another Geek
    It probably took you some time to get a grip on the world wide web and you've probably spend a huge amount of time to find your way around. IRC is just another world on the Internet. This too will take you some time to get a grip on and to find your way around in it.
    Once you've mastered the art of IRC you can move on to even more worlds (like usenet )

To get a grip on IRC I suggest reading at least 'Getting on IRC' and 'Basic IRC commands' mentioned in moxnix post. You should then be ready to go to the server/channel Raion mentioned. Once there I'm sure there will be someone around that'll help you to get even more knowledge about IRC.
    Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.