Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Windows Update failure

Originally posted here by AngelicKnight
    Well, now I'm stuck. I spent all afternoon trying to download an update but the server was simply too slow because of the virus attacks on MS. I told it to cancel, but it hung up when trying to undo the download. So now today when I'm trying to start the download over again, I'm getting the message "Another installation is already in progress".

Now how do get around that? The "installation already in progress" simply hung up before I could reverse it, so now I'm stuck!
    Go into your taskmanager. Kill process update.exe

That should fix it for ya.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

Originally posted here by AngelicKnight
    Well, now I'm stuck. I spent all afternoon trying to download an update but the server was simply too slow because of the virus attacks on MS. I told it to cancel, but it hung up when trying to undo the download. So now today when I'm trying to start the download over again, I'm getting the message "Another installation is already in progress".

Now how do get around that? The "installation already in progress" simply hung up before I could reverse it, so now I'm stuck!
    Go into your taskmanager. Kill process update.exe

That should fix it for ya.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

That fixed it! It's back to downloading. *fingers crossed*

That fixed it! It's back to downloading. *fingers crossed*

Well, now I have another problem -- in fact it's one I posted elsewhere but never quite resolved. After downloading and during setup, I received the error message "Unable to connect to metabase" followed by "Setup failed to remove ism.dll script mappings. Service Pack Setup will abort." DOH!

Well, now I have another problem -- in fact it's one I posted elsewhere but never quite resolved. After downloading and during setup, I received the error message "Unable to connect to metabase" followed by "Setup failed to remove ism.dll script mappings. Service Pack Setup will abort." DOH!