Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PC cant bootup? Am i infected! Please Somebody Help me...

PC cant bootup? Am i infected! Please Somebody Help me...

Goodday.
    When i tried to boot up to Windows, my computer just goes into a Blue Screen after that it restart again!

[glowpurple]"The Blue screen message is displayed below!"[/glowpurple]

STOP: 0X00000050 ( 0XF84DF000, 0X00000000, 0x00000040, 0x00000000)

PAGE FAULT _IN_NONPAGED AREA

Beginning dump of Physical Memory to Disk :1... 2.... 3... 4...
    Will to Learn
    javascript:myimagepopup(300,400,\'\')

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    Are you firewalled?
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

sounds like you have a virutual memory problem, try reinstalling windows, but don't format..... just install over what you have so you don't lose anything....

i guess you could call it a restore... i have not worked with 2000 much, but if there is a restor featrue use it... if that not work use my first set of instrucations.

if none of the above works try taking some of your ram sticks out one by one... it could be that you have some bad ram

Or try a Windows repair first if you don't want to lose any data.

this error happens usually:
    a) power failures and file corruptions (unlike to happen on NTFS partitions however)
    b) device errors
    c) memory bank failure
    the error indicates that a page fault occurred on a non pageable module, such as resident kernels modules
    boot on safe mode and run repair before reinstall anything
    Meu sítio

FORMAT C: Yes ...Yes??? ...Nooooo!!! ^C ^C ^C ^C ^C
    If I die before I sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to encrypt.
    If I die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to brake.

i can agree with you cocosapo but most of the time with a BSOD (blue screen of death) you can't get into safe mode....
    but lets see how this works out.......

Originally posted here by Tiger Shark
    Are you firewalled?
    Yes i have a Symantec Firewall! I can go into safe mode!
    Do you suggest that i try uninstall the fire wall.
    Will that help?

Originally posted here by untuchable-me
    sounds like you have a virutual memory problem, try reinstalling windows, but don't format..... just install over what you have so you don't lose anything....

i guess you could call it a restore... i have not worked with 2000 much, but if there is a restor featrue use it... if that not work use my first set of instrucations.

if none of the above works try taking some of your ram sticks out one by one... it could be that you have some bad ram
    Reinstall windows will be my last resort!
    Well .I can get into safe mode.
    Is there anything i can do there?
    Thanks Anyway!

Originally posted here by cacosapo
    a) power failures and file corruptions (unlike to happen on NTFS partitions however)
    b) device errors
    c) memory bank failure
    the error indicates that a page fault occurred on a non pageable module, such as resident kernels modules
    device errors !
    Usually what kinda Devices? Ram?

memory bank failure!
    What failure is that, how can i solve it!

boot on safe mode and run repair !
    I can go into safe mode!
    I have scan for virues but none!
    What do you by mean run repair?

Hope to get a reply from you asap!
    Thanks!
    Will to Learn

Originally posted here by Tiger Shark
    Are you firewalled?
    Yes i have a Symantec Firewall! I can go into safe mode!
    Do you suggest that i try uninstall the fire wall.
    Will that help?

Originally posted here by untuchable-me

Well .I can get into safe mode.
    Is there anything i can do there?
    Thanks Anyway!

Originally posted here by cacosapo
    b) device errors
    c) memory bank failure
    device errors !
    Usually what kinda Devices? Ram?

memory bank failure!
    What failure is that, how can i solve it!

boot on safe mode and run repair !
    I can go into safe mode!
    I have scan for virues but none!
    What do you by mean run repair?

Hope to get a reply from you asap!
    Thanks!
    Will to Learn

I think you may be misunderstanding just a little. untuchable-me isn't talking about a reformat and clean install... if you reinstall windows over the existing windows, it will (should) fix anything that has been corrupted....

Not that I am any expert, but it sounds like something has been corrupted... a reinstall should fix it.

A silly question.. did you update/install anything before this happened? Hardware, software.... did you uninstall anything?? This kind of event doesn't just usually "happen" with no warning unless there is a hardware failure of some kind, and even then, you usually have some kind of warning.

I think you may be misunderstanding just a little. untuchable-me isn't talking about a reformat and clean install... if you reinstall windows over the existing windows, it will (should) fix anything that has been corrupted....

Not that I am any expert, but it sounds like something has been corrupted... a reinstall should fix it.

A silly question.. did you update/install anything before this happened? Hardware, software.... did you uninstall anything?? This kind of event doesn't just usually "happen" with no warning unless there is a hardware failure of some kind, and even then, you usually have some kind of warning.