Thread: I'm very mad at this site rite now

I'm very mad at this site rite now

Ok i joined this site with the intention of learning how to protect my computer from security threats. Untill today i found this site very usfull. I still do BUT i was looking for an anti virus software. and found one on this site. i proceded to download it. when it completed. my computer started restarting. SO I JUST WANTED TO LET EVERYONE KNOW NOT TO DOWNLOAD ANYTHING FROM THIS SITE BECAUSE. I DID. AND THEY HAVE VIRUSES. INSTEAD OF INTERNET SECURITY.

IF ANYONE CAN HELP ME FIX MY COMPUTER LET ME KNOW HOW. BECAUSE I HAVE ALOT OF IMPORTANT **** ON IT. THAT I'M GOING TO LOSE FOR TRUSTING THIS SITE.

I'm very mad at this site rite now

Ok i joined this site with the intention of learning how to protect my computer from security threats. Untill today i found this site very usfull. I still do BUT i was looking for an anti virus software. and found one on this site. i proceded to download it. when it completed. my computer started restarting. SO I JUST WANTED TO LET EVERYONE KNOW NOT TO DOWNLOAD ANYTHING FROM THIS SITE BECAUSE. I DID. AND THEY HAVE VIRUSES. INSTEAD OF INTERNET SECURITY.

IF ANYONE CAN HELP ME FIX MY COMPUTER LET ME KNOW HOW. BECAUSE I HAVE ALOT OF IMPORTANT **** ON IT. THAT I'M GOING TO LOSE FOR TRUSTING THIS SITE.

Banned
    Heya,

The download section of AntiOnline hasn't been updated in years. Some of the software in the Download Section could be considered "malicious", although there's nothing much malicious about it anymore (since it's all outdated). I'm very interested though in hearing what the exact software is you downloaded, and how you found out that it's actually the software you downloaded from AO that is causing your problems.

I'm moving this from Roll Call - Roll Call posts can not be replied to.

Banned
    Heya,

The download section of AntiOnline hasn't been updated in years. Some of the software in the Download Section could be considered "malicious", although there's nothing much malicious about it anymore (since it's all outdated). I'm very interested though in hearing what the exact software is you downloaded, and how you found out that it's actually the software you downloaded from AO that is causing your problems.

I'm moving this from Roll Call - Roll Call posts can not be replied to.

Originally posted here by Jazbo
    i proceded to download it. when it completed. my computer started restarting.
    I am thinking coincidence here, the file you said you downloaded here: http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=257398 was the Antivirus product. AVG (avg.exe). Now Tedob1 downloaded the file right after you and scanned it. It was found to be virus free.

The fact that your system keeps restarting is a symptom of the Sasser worm making the rounds. You can find information on it HERE.

Have you applied the latest Microsoft patches? Are you running a firewall? If the answer is no to these questions, my guess is your infected with Sasser. Read the information in the link, it will tell you what to look for and how to clean up the mess.

Cheers:
    DjM

Originally posted here by Jazbo
    i proceded to download it. when it completed. my computer started restarting.
    I am thinking coincidence here, the file you said you downloaded here: http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=257398 was the Antivirus product. AVG (avg.exe). Now Tedob1 downloaded the file right after you and scanned it. It was found to be virus free.

The fact that your system keeps restarting is a symptom of the Sasser worm making the rounds. You can find information on it HERE.

Have you applied the latest Microsoft patches? Are you running a firewall? If the answer is no to these questions, my guess is your infected with Sasser. Read the information in the link, it will tell you what to look for and how to clean up the mess.

Cheers:
    DjM

Banned
    It should be obvious by now that your problems aren't related to AO... *Thread Closed*

Banned
    It should be obvious by now that your problems aren't related to AO... *Thread Closed*