• Bush

19 51.35%
  • Kerry

14 37.84%
  • other or not voting

4 10.81%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: can any body help me fix a virus

so your saying that the virus was probably already there just waiting for something or another program to activate it. like anit virus software.

so your saying that the virus was probably already there just waiting for something or another program to activate it. like anit virus software.

It is a possbility, but unlikely.

With the security downloads, people can upload files. or at least you use to be able to. So what happened, was someone renamed a virus as a antivirus.

Download AVG from that link I gave you and run it. Let us know what you find.
    =

It is a possbility, but unlikely.

With the security downloads, people can upload files. or at least you use to be able to. So what happened, was someone renamed a virus as a antivirus.

Download AVG from that link I gave you and run it. Let us know what you find.
    =

Originally posted here by untuchable-me
    sometimes Jazbo programs can cause a file or another program to become faulty. it doesnot nesesarily mean it is a virus.....

can you get into safe mode?????

but however we can't rule it out....
    my guess would be an internet worm but im downloading avg.exe to check it with my av.

jazbo, do you keep your computer current on patches and do you have a firewall?
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Originally posted here by untuchable-me
    sometimes Jazbo programs can cause a file or another program to become faulty. it doesnot nesesarily mean it is a virus.....

can you get into safe mode?????

but however we can't rule it out....
    my guess would be an internet worm but im downloading avg.exe to check it with my av.

jazbo, do you keep your computer current on patches and do you have a firewall?
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

ok. I will try but if i can't get my computer into safe mode or get it to stop restarting i'm going to have to formatt it and reinstall windows. I'm not about to download that on this computer cause its not really my computer its someones in my office. That might take awhile. i'll brb.
    If anybody knows of any free anti virus software thats good i'd be greatfull

ok. I will try but if i can't get my computer into safe mode or get it to stop restarting i'm going to have to formatt it and reinstall windows. I'm not about to download that on this computer cause its not really my computer its someones in my office. That might take awhile. i'll brb.
    If anybody knows of any free anti virus software thats good i'd be greatfull

yeah I was gona download the avg program and see what it is, but this old 56k modem has a hard time with that great big 4mb file. lol

/edit AVG is a free AV

Just refer to the link i gave you.
    =

yeah I was gona download the avg program and see what it is, but this old 56k modem has a hard time with that great big 4mb file. lol

/edit AVG is a free AV

Just refer to the link i gave you.
    =