Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: belgiandip or no-beba-el-agua?

Is there a chance that you left the messanger service running? I know that some advertisers will exploit that service if you left it on.

The easiest way to check is to open a command prompt and type:
    net send 127.0.0.1 HI
    and see what happens. If a pop-up window comes up that says "HI" then you left the service running.

If you did... there is a very easy way to remedy it. Open administrative tools and look for "services" then run it. Administrative tools can be in the control panel, under the programs menu, or about 5 other places... if all else fails... just do a search for it (look for a folder). The window that is displayed will show you all of the services available on your system. You should scroll down until you see "Messenger". Double click that service. In the window that pops-up first press "Stop" to stop the service, then under "Startup type:" select "Disabled". Then press OK and the service will stop and so should the popups. Also, while you are in there you can stop the "Alerter" service, which depends on the messenger service.

Please note that the "messenger" service is not the MSN messenger used for instant messaging.

To learn more about windows serivices check out black viper's website at http://www.blackviper.com

BTW: I know that this works under win2k and XP, not sure about any other versions (you never mentioned the version of windows you were using). In future help posts, be sure to state the operating system you have questions about.

Hope this helps
    You are so bored that you are reading my signature?

Is there a chance that you left the messanger service running? I know that some advertisers will exploit that service if you left it on.

The easiest way to check is to open a command prompt and type:
    net send 127.0.0.1 HI
    and see what happens. If a pop-up window comes up that says "HI" then you left the service running.

If you did... there is a very easy way to remedy it. Open administrative tools and look for "services" then run it. Administrative tools can be in the control panel, under the programs menu, or about 5 other places... if all else fails... just do a search for it (look for a folder). The window that is displayed will show you all of the services available on your system. You should scroll down until you see "Messenger". Double click that service. In the window that pops-up first press "Stop" to stop the service, then under "Startup type:" select "Disabled". Then press OK and the service will stop and so should the popups. Also, while you are in there you can stop the "Alerter" service, which depends on the messenger service.

Please note that the "messenger" service is not the MSN messenger used for instant messaging.

To learn more about windows serivices check out black viper's website at http://www.blackviper.com

BTW: I know that this works under win2k and XP, not sure about any other versions (you never mentioned the version of windows you were using). In future help posts, be sure to state the operating system you have questions about.

Hope this helps
    You are so bored that you are reading my signature?

Hi,

I don't know much about how to stop this , but you might want to try:

click start> search> files or folders

and search for hosts.

open it with notepad

on the pop up window that you get every time right click and get the server and domain name

add this address to the file below the line:

127.0.0.1 localhost.localdamain

as

127.0.0.2 <name that you got from the right click>

source : Lab manual for security and network security fundamentals ..........Paul Cretaro

Hope this helps.

MRG

Hi,

I don't know much about how to stop this , but you might want to try:

click start> search> files or folders

and search for hosts.

open it with notepad

on the pop up window that you get every time right click and get the server and domain name

add this address to the file below the line:

127.0.0.1 localhost.localdamain

as

127.0.0.2 <name that you got from the right click>

source : Lab manual for security and network security fundamentals ..........Paul Cretaro

Hope this helps.

MRG

my prob has been solved..
    thx guys

my prob has been solved..
    thx guys