Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Possible Sasser activity?

Possible Sasser activity?

In the last day or so i have seen a lot of logs stating "ICMP PING NMAP" in my IDS records on my Smoothwall box.
    I am just wondering if this is possibly caused by the Sasser worm? I havn`t seen it before and it just seems strange that its suddenly started popping up in my records at the same time as this worm starts to take off.
    Has anyone else experienced this?

Possible Sasser activity?

In the last day or so i have seen a lot of logs stating "ICMP PING NMAP" in my IDS records on my Smoothwall box.
    I am just wondering if this is possibly caused by the Sasser worm? I havn`t seen it before and it just seems strange that its suddenly started popping up in my records at the same time as this worm starts to take off.

What AV are you using? Has it detected anything fishy?

What AV are you using? Has it detected anything fishy?

I run Panda`s online virus scanner every couple of days, it hasn`t detected anything.
    I`d doubt very much that i would of been infected anyway, It shouldn`t get through the firewall and my my Widows machine is fully up to date with the patches.
    I was wondering more along the lines of wether these logs were a by product of machines that have been infected trying to connect to my IP address.

I run Panda`s online virus scanner every couple of days, it hasn`t detected anything.
    I`d doubt very much that i would of been infected anyway, It shouldn`t get through the firewall and my my Widows machine is fully up to date with the patches.
    I was wondering more along the lines of wether these logs were a by product of machines that have been infected trying to connect to my IP address.

Hmm, could be...I'm sure you've done all the usual spyware scans as well, right?

Hmm, could be...I'm sure you've done all the usual spyware scans as well, right?

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar

Re: Possible Sasser activity?

Originally posted here by homenet

Yes, this is the worm scanning for new hosts to infect.

--TH13
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar

Re: Possible Sasser activity?

Originally posted here by homenet

Yes, this is the worm scanning for new hosts to infect.

--TH13
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden