I wrote some code that will allow you to create and store (in a text file) a high score list that I wrote for a uni exemption project (a minesweeper game); I was hoping that someone could give me some feedback on it.

I'm fairly certain that there's some methods that I probably don't need in it, I'm not too concerned about that at the moment, but any other feedback would be really useful. The high score system uses two classes: the Score class which holds an individual score; and the ScoreList which holds an array of Score objects. I'm not sure if this is the best way to do it, but it worked, and I didn't notice it hogging up too many resources or anything :P.

If anyone decides that the system isn't too terrible, you're free to use it (though I doubt somehow if that'll happen). I'll even include my HighScore class which shows the high score list in a simple window (you'll notice that the ScoreList class doesn't provide much functionality for getting the scores back out of the list :P).

Here's a sample usage:

Code:
ScoreList myList = new ScoreList();

if(!myList.getScoresFromFile("score.lst"))
{
  System.out.println("No current high scores");
}

// you've got a new high score and you want to add it to the list
if(!myList.add(name,Score.EASY,20))
  System.out.println("Couldn't add score");

// write scores to file
myList.writeScoresToFile("score.lst"));
Note that the constants used in the Score class (BugMain.EASY, etc.) are just the times given for a game on a particular skill level. You can substitute them for any value that is greater than the time that the user has taken.

Sorry if that all sounds too complicated

ac