Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: I dont want to be deleted

AO's Resident Redneck The Texan's Avatar
    well to all of you who are sticking up for me i thank you. I honestly dont want to get banned and im here to learn and try and help. im sorry if im not Uber and i dont know everything i guess i insult some ppl, well thats just too bad.
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted

AO's Resident Redneck The Texan's Avatar
    well to all of you who are sticking up for me i thank you. I honestly dont want to get banned and im here to learn and try and help. im sorry if im not Uber and i dont know everything i guess i insult some ppl, well thats just too bad.
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted

Not to take sides or anything, but believe it or not, I read the forum every chance I can, but I do not post like everybody else here that has many posts. I have some fear that somebody will take what I say out of context and I'll get banned. I enjoy this community, but yet I take caution as whether to post anything due to these anti-points that can get me banned. Am I wrong for being this way? The forum has some great insights to information of how to get PC's to do the things people would like to do with them. Whether learning basic PC skills to security and networking. I learned much during my short time here, and even went through about 11 distro's of Linux. I thank phishphreek80 for helping me out, and to learn about Linux. Weird how I had to send him a PM cause I was new here and did not want to post anything about the questions I had about the different distro's available. I think I even spend to much time using the search feature to find answers about recent topics being discussed. I look at the first page, then search. I've been through this site very thoroughly and still have questions... But yet I am apprehensive as to whether I should post. Some forums frown upon old topics being discussed again, I do not know how this forum looks at members that do. I have seen many n00bs get banned for asking the wrong questions and get banned very quickly. I know this site tries to help others out, but there is many new members that get banned just because they do not know any better. This post I am making might not be to everybodies liking so I am expecting the worst and hoping I do not get banned myself. Am I just paranoid or what?
    Computers do not have problems, they have users.
    ~Cope57

Not to take sides or anything, but believe it or not, I read the forum every chance I can, but I do not post like everybody else here that has many posts. I have some fear that somebody will take what I say out of context and I'll get banned. I enjoy this community, but yet I take caution as whether to post anything due to these anti-points that can get me banned. Am I wrong for being this way? The forum has some great insights to information of how to get PC's to do the things people would like to do with them. Whether learning basic PC skills to security and networking. I learned much during my short time here, and even went through about 11 distro's of Linux. I thank phishphreek80 for helping me out, and to learn about Linux. Weird how I had to send him a PM cause I was new here and did not want to post anything about the questions I had about the different distro's available. I think I even spend to much time using the search feature to find answers about recent topics being discussed. I look at the first page, then search. I've been through this site very thoroughly and still have questions... But yet I am apprehensive as to whether I should post. Some forums frown upon old topics being discussed again, I do not know how this forum looks at members that do. I have seen many n00bs get banned for asking the wrong questions and get banned very quickly. I know this site tries to help others out, but there is many new members that get banned just because they do not know any better. This post I am making might not be to everybodies liking so I am expecting the worst and hoping I do not get banned myself. Am I just paranoid or what?
    Computers do not have problems, they have users.
    ~Cope57

Banned
    If all newbies would read the FAQ, they wouldnt get banned, and if they do ask the wrong question, we do tell them "AO is not for crackers, AO doesnt help people like you" etc... also if they ask questions that jhave been asked before, most of us "Seniors" give them a link to the old question and tell them to use the search feature before posting next time, if somebody negs them, he/she can always report it to a mod. I also try to give positive AP's to poeple that have been negged for no reason. some member here just dont give a **** and neg everyone. Dont be afarid to ask a question Cope57, 99% of us will help you....If not, we will send you somewhere where u can get the help u need....

Banned
    If all newbies would read the FAQ, they wouldnt get banned, and if they do ask the wrong question, we do tell them "AO is not for crackers, AO doesnt help people like you" etc... also if they ask questions that jhave been asked before, most of us "Seniors" give them a link to the old question and tell them to use the search feature before posting next time, if somebody negs them, he/she can always report it to a mod. I also try to give positive AP's to poeple that have been negged for no reason. some member here just dont give a **** and neg everyone. Dont be afarid to ask a question Cope57, 99% of us will help you....If not, we will send you somewhere where u can get the help u need....

[/quote]
    come on Cybr1d, a post like that hardly calls for banning someone, i'd be wondering WTF, if it were me. i don't even think it deserved any neg points. maybe if he phrased it in a more flowery way it would be more acceptable:
    [/quote]

I agree with you, it doesn't. I just did some research to see if his plead was valid. You can have someone who asked how to crack whom is asking not to get banned . I personally see why he got negged with those posts, but I wouldn't have negged him because of the simple fact that it was obvious that he was new here, and he did not know a better way of putting it. He wasn't doing it to annoy us. I guess someone did get annoyed and negged him.

Don't worry, You do not need to be l337 to be well respected in this community. Be yourself, be honest, and post productive information whenever you can. Avoid one line answers and if you have a difference in opinion with someone which seems to be getting out of hand, use the Private Messaging system here at AO. (<---I cannot believe I just said that) On your profile you put that your skillset is Networking, Cisco, and Network Security. I'm yet to see a post about networks from you but I'm sure that if you really know Networking, you'll do fine.

peace

[/quote]
    come on Cybr1d, a post like that hardly calls for banning someone, i'd be wondering WTF, if it were me. i don't even think it deserved any neg points. maybe if he phrased it in a more flowery way it would be more acceptable:
    [/quote]

I agree with you, it doesn't. I just did some research to see if his plead was valid. You can have someone who asked how to crack whom is asking not to get banned . I personally see why he got negged with those posts, but I wouldn't have negged him because of the simple fact that it was obvious that he was new here, and he did not know a better way of putting it. He wasn't doing it to annoy us. I guess someone did get annoyed and negged him.

Don't worry, You do not need to be l337 to be well respected in this community. Be yourself, be honest, and post productive information whenever you can. Avoid one line answers and if you have a difference in opinion with someone which seems to be getting out of hand, use the Private Messaging system here at AO. (<---I cannot believe I just said that) On your profile you put that your skillset is Networking, Cisco, and Network Security. I'm yet to see a post about networks from you but I'm sure that if you really know Networking, you'll do fine.

peace

oh well at least he tried.... more then I could have gotten

oh well at least he tried.... more then I could have gotten