Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IE 6.0 - Major help needed

IE 6.0 - Major help needed

I have some computer knowledge. I've programmed a little in Java. I'm running Windows XP Professional. My Internet Explorer home page has been changed and I can't change it back permanantly. Also, some 'unscrupulous' web sites have been put under my favorites and even though I delete them they keep coming up. I am also running CA eTrust Antivirus version 7.0.139. Let me know if there's something I can change on that to help myself or if there something else I can download to make the fix.

Thanks,
    Joel

IE 6.0 - Major help needed

I have some computer knowledge. I've programmed a little in Java. I'm running Windows XP Professional. My Internet Explorer home page has been changed and I can't change it back permanantly. Also, some 'unscrupulous' web sites have been put under my favorites and even though I delete them they keep coming up. I am also running CA eTrust Antivirus version 7.0.139. Let me know if there's something I can change on that to help myself or if there something else I can download to make the fix.

Thanks,
    Joel

Banned
    Greetings:

For starters, CA eTrust Antivirus is total crap. Get some real anti-virus software running on your box ASAP.

Secondly, you probably have some spyware that's living in a state of uninterrupted bliss on your box. Try downloading some of the anti-spybot software that's freely available on the internet, such as Spybot Search & Destroy, available from http://www.safer-networking.org/

Hope that helps!

Banned
    Greetings:

For starters, CA eTrust Antivirus is total crap. Get some real anti-virus software running on your box ASAP.

Secondly, you probably have some spyware that's living in a state of uninterrupted bliss on your box. Try downloading some of the anti-spybot software that's freely available on the internet, such as Spybot Search & Destroy, available from http://www.safer-networking.org/

Hope that helps!

Regal Making Handler
    Go to the lnk below, download cwshredder, run it.

http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/downloads.html

Google for spybot search and destroy. Download it install, update and run it. Do the same for Lavasoft adaware.

If you still have a problem go back to the link above and download Highjack This. Run it. Be carefull with highjack this as it shows the good aswell as the bad, if you do not no what you are doing with it ask here and some one will help. Post the results of the scan here

Jinxy
    What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad. - Dave Barry

Regal Making Handler
    Go to the lnk below, download cwshredder, run it.

http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/downloads.html

Google for spybot search and destroy. Download it install, update and run it. Do the same for Lavasoft adaware.

If you still have a problem go back to the link above and download Highjack This. Run it. Be carefull with highjack this as it shows the good aswell as the bad, if you do not no what you are doing with it ask here and some one will help. Post the results of the scan here

Jinxy
    What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad. - Dave Barry

Banned
    Greetings:

You ever get the impression people don't read the entire thread before they reply?

(hrm, wonder if GW will sick the FCC on me for that? If not for that, definately for this one: )

Banned
    Greetings:

You ever get the impression people don't read the entire thread before they reply?

(hrm, wonder if GW will sick the FCC on me for that? If not for that, definately for this one: )

Regal Making Handler
    We posted at the same time sorry about that.

Regal Making Handler
    We posted at the same time sorry about that.