Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: finding AOL AIM messages in cache?

hmm, last version of aim i was using, i did not see any logging capabilities. i was either not looking hard enough, or it is a newer feature added recently =)

hmm, last version of aim i was using, i did not see any logging capabilities. i was either not looking hard enough, or it is a newer feature added recently =)

I have seen one keylogger that records both sides of the conversation that a friend used, so I know they are out there. Now if I only knew the name of that particular one...

I have seen one keylogger that records both sides of the conversation that a friend used, so I know they are out there. Now if I only knew the name of that particular one...

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    I have seen one keylogger that records both sides of the conversation
    Yeah, more than likely it was a trialware app or he may have had to pay (erm, if he didn't use a crack) for the app.

Most free ones aren't that full featured. They're primarily there just to grab passwords, account info, etc..

--Th13
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    I have seen one keylogger that records both sides of the conversation
    Yeah, more than likely it was a trialware app or he may have had to pay (erm, if he didn't use a crack) for the app.

Most free ones aren't that full featured. They're primarily there just to grab passwords, account info, etc..

--Th13
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

Regardless, to sum things up sharonap, these conversations are gone. If you really want to know what your child said, ask him/her. If you trust them, you should already know. If you don't, however, trust the child, take away their computer rights until he/she has matured or until they can be trusted again. Don't install a keylogger on your machine just to see your kids messages, that is just stupid. Just be a mom/dad in the situation.
    You shall no longer take things at second or third hand,
    nor look through the eyes of the dead...You shall listen to all
    sides and filter them for your self.
    -Walt Whitman-

http://www.spy-software.com/starr-spy.htm

There ya go, Merry xmass.

But i'd go with the post right above mine first.