Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: No need for a firewall or anti-virus application after the fact

No need for a firewall or anti-virus application after the fact

No need for a firewall or anti-virus application if your on a Windows Platform and you didn't disable the services Windows leaves open, before your computer went online to the Internet. Your computer already has file and print sharing open and anyone in the world can view what is on your hard drive, add whatever they desire to add, including Backdoors and Trojan Horses. And don't forget that Trojan Horses disable your firewall, whether hardware or software and any anti-virus
    application on your computer. Don't forget the malicious hackers use victims computers, running Virtual Private Networks and Dial-Up Servers with Pre-paid
    Phone Cards.

trackit

No need for a firewall or anti-virus application after the fact

No need for a firewall or anti-virus application if your on a Windows Platform and you didn't disable the services Windows leaves open, before your computer went online to the Internet. Your computer already has file and print sharing open and anyone in the world can view what is on your hard drive, add whatever they desire to add, including Backdoors and Trojan Horses. And don't forget that Trojan Horses disable your firewall, whether hardware or software and any anti-virus
    application on your computer. Don't forget the malicious hackers use victims computers, running Virtual Private Networks and Dial-Up Servers with Pre-paid
    Phone Cards.

trackit

No trojan is going to disable my hardware firewall, And firewalls are good things ....argggh
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
    The international ban against torturing prisoners of war does not necessarily apply to suspects detained in America\'s war on terror, Attorney General John Ashcroft told a Senate oversight committee
    -- true colors revealed, a brown shirt and jackboots

No trojan is going to disable my hardware firewall, And firewalls are good things ....argggh
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
    The international ban against torturing prisoners of war does not necessarily apply to suspects detained in America\'s war on terror, Attorney General John Ashcroft told a Senate oversight committee
    -- true colors revealed, a brown shirt and jackboots

T3h Ch3F

Re: No need for a firewall or anti-virus application after the fact

Originally posted here by trackit
    Phone Cards.

trackit

Trackit:

Why are you posting this POOP?

ALL Others:

Why is he posting this POOP?

MODERATORS:

Will you allow him to continue to post this POOP?

I hope not.
    Get some good religion from Bad Religion.

T3h Ch3F

Re: No need for a firewall or anti-virus application after the fact

Originally posted here by trackit
    Phone Cards.

trackit

Trackit:

Why are you posting this POOP?

ALL Others:

Why is he posting this POOP?

MODERATORS:

Will you allow him to continue to post this POOP?

I hope not.

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    I think what he is trying to say is that taking a computer that has already been attached to the Internet for a time with no security whatsoever and then loading it up with firewall/AV etc. is a bit of a waste of time since the potential compromises may render the defenses useless.

Of course, he said it in a "special" way...... But that's the message I got from it..... and he's absolutely correct. You need to start from a know point, secure it and then connect it to the internet - not the other way round.......

Care to comment Trackit?
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    I think what he is trying to say is that taking a computer that has already been attached to the Internet for a time with no security whatsoever and then loading it up with firewall/AV etc. is a bit of a waste of time since the potential compromises may render the defenses useless.

Of course, he said it in a "special" way...... But that's the message I got from it..... and he's absolutely correct. You need to start from a know point, secure it and then connect it to the internet - not the other way round.......

Care to comment Trackit?
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

T3h Ch3F
    Originally posted here by Tiger Shark

Well Tiger what I meant by the POOP, was that his (or her) post would have been much better phrased as an answer to a question, not the beginning of a thread, in it's stated form.

IMHO..................

Edit- Beyond that I read his 4 posts tonight, makes my poop smell like friggin Chanel number 2000! Anyone who recommends "Reformat" to ppl. is not helping.

Some call it F Disk, I call it F You.

Edit- To try and live up to tigers spelling bee!

T3h Ch3F
    Originally posted here by Tiger Shark

Well Tiger what I meant by the POOP, was that his (or her) post would have been much better phrased as an answer to a question, not the beginning of a thread, in it's stated form.

IMHO..................

Edit- Beyond that I read his 4 posts tonight, makes my poop smell like friggin Chanel number 2000! Anyone who recommends "Reformat" to ppl. is not helping.

Some call it F Disk, I call it F You.

Edit- To try and live up to tigers spelling bee!