Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Here We Go Again. POPUPS

Hey mittens. Whats a FUD ?

Hey mittens. Whats a FUD ?

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Fear, uncertainty and doubt. Basically, the idea of using people's fear to profit or benefit from. Often used in politics and sometimes in info security to get $$$$ from management (e.g., "Oh look how much it cost businesses to defend against viruses this year. You could lose this much too if you don't get the latest super-duper-special fangled Wadget Watcher!".)
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Fear, uncertainty and doubt. Basically, the idea of using people's fear to profit or benefit from. Often used in politics and sometimes in info security to get $$$$ from management (e.g., "Oh look how much it cost businesses to defend against viruses this year. You could lose this much too if you don't get the latest super-duper-special fangled Wadget Watcher!".)
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

OK. Whats a Wadget ?

OK. Whats a Wadget ?

Aye, Firefox is good stuff. I burned it to a cd and pretty much put it on anyone's machine who is having pop up problems. Most clients I put it on don't even see much of a difference between it and IE as far as functionality goes. Welll, except they say it's fast and they haven't had any pop ups, adware, or browser hijacking. Sorry if I sound like and advertisement for Mozilla Firefox but I haven't had any problems with it yet... Here's the link.

http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/

Greg

P.S. This is just in reply to the last post to this thread, I've been lurking long enough to know that mark could get rid of those popups and ads if he wanted.

Aye, Firefox is good stuff. I burned it to a cd and pretty much put it on anyone's machine who is having pop up problems. Most clients I put it on don't even see much of a difference between it and IE as far as functionality goes. Welll, except they say it's fast and they haven't had any pop ups, adware, or browser hijacking. Sorry if I sound like and advertisement for Mozilla Firefox but I haven't had any problems with it yet... Here's the link.

http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/

Greg

P.S. This is just in reply to the last post to this thread, I've been lurking long enough to know that mark could get rid of those popups and ads if he wanted.

OK. Whats a Wadget ?

A wadget is the Windows equivalent of the Linux Thingimajig. (usually accessible under /dev/thingy)

Work sucks, I'm bored.
    Real security doesn't come with an installer.

OK. Whats a Wadget ?

A wadget is the Windows equivalent of the Linux Thingimajig. (usually accessible under /dev/thingy)

Work sucks, I'm bored.
    Real security doesn't come with an installer.