Thread: Fixing Print Drivers on W2k

Question Fixing Print Drivers on W2k

I'm trying to figure out how to fix a driver problem. I'm running a terminal server from which several clients are printing to their Epson C82 printers. The problem with the C82 is that the driver has a built in status monitor, and that monitor runs on every single login, so when there are multiple people logged on at once, it severely hinders server performance.

To resolve this, I installed an earlier driver that doesn not have the status monitor. Unfortunately, only the administrator session actually uses the old driver; the other users' drivers are still the new ones, so I can't figure out how to change it for everybody.

So, to fix that problem, I was going to simply remove the new driver (with the monitor) altogether and just have the old driver in so that everyone's C82s would have to use that one.

Now the problem is, as is usual with Windows, I can't delete the drivers because they're in use. This doesn't seem to work in safe mode either. So, how in the world do I remove the drivers?

Question Fixing Print Drivers on W2k

I'm trying to figure out how to fix a driver problem. I'm running a terminal server from which several clients are printing to their Epson C82 printers. The problem with the C82 is that the driver has a built in status monitor, and that monitor runs on every single login, so when there are multiple people logged on at once, it severely hinders server performance.

To resolve this, I installed an earlier driver that doesn not have the status monitor. Unfortunately, only the administrator session actually uses the old driver; the other users' drivers are still the new ones, so I can't figure out how to change it for everybody.

So, to fix that problem, I was going to simply remove the new driver (with the monitor) altogether and just have the old driver in so that everyone's C82s would have to use that one.

Now the problem is, as is usual with Windows, I can't delete the drivers because they're in use. This doesn't seem to work in safe mode either. So, how in the world do I remove the drivers?