Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Can't update!

Originally posted here by homenet
    Just a thought but it could well be a ActiveX or Javascript problem. It might be worth trying to put the microsoft update site in you Trusted sites list in the Security options of IE and just making sure the page is allowed to run any JS or ActiveX it needs to. If it works its prob a good idea to delete it from your trusted sites list afterwards just to be on the safe side.
    Anyway hope this is of some help.
    I'll give it a shot.

If I had known that I was going to have trouble with the MS update site I wouldn't have even dared reinstall like I did this morning. Especially with all these faggy worms and crap out right now. This stinks!

Luckily the ms cd I have has sp1 built into it because I ordered it not long ago... doesn't do me much good though with all the other critical updates I need as well.

Originally posted here by homenet
    Just a thought but it could well be a ActiveX or Javascript problem. It might be worth trying to put the microsoft update site in you Trusted sites list in the Security options of IE and just making sure the page is allowed to run any JS or ActiveX it needs to. If it works its prob a good idea to delete it from your trusted sites list afterwards just to be on the safe side.
    Anyway hope this is of some help.
    I'll give it a shot.

If I had known that I was going to have trouble with the MS update site I wouldn't have even dared reinstall like I did this morning. Especially with all these faggy worms and crap out right now. This stinks!

Luckily the ms cd I have has sp1 built into it because I ordered it not long ago... doesn't do me much good though with all the other critical updates I need as well.

Real security doesn't come with an installer.

Awesome man! Thanks a ton!

=

Just sent off for it! Have any of you recieved yours yet? Probably ship that sucker media mail rate.

Awesome man! Thanks a ton!

=

Just sent off for it! Have any of you recieved yours yet? Probably ship that sucker media mail rate.

It takes about 2 weeks, and it comes with firewall and AV software. Trials/freeware I'm not really sure, provided by Computer Associates IIRC.

It takes about 2 weeks, and it comes with firewall and AV software. Trials/freeware I'm not really sure, provided by Computer Associates IIRC.

I think I finally figured my problem out too. I saved SP4 installer to disk then installed from there....So far so good.

I think I finally figured my problem out too. I saved SP4 installer to disk then installed from there....So far so good.