Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Has Tech Tv gone to far?

Has Tech Tv gone to far?

Just following a thread at DSLReports and I'm curious as to what some of you Tech Heads feel!

Tech TV has gone too far this time....

Has Tech Tv gone to far?

Just following a thread at DSLReports and I'm curious as to what some of you Tech Heads feel!

Tech TV has gone too far this time....

AO Part Timer
    We demand free access to information. Which comes with some responsibility. If you really wish to take what you see on television and apply it to life, then you have bigger problems to worry about. Personally I like Tech Tv. Yeah some of the stuff they talk about makes me say WTF? While morale standing might come into play. They might actually teach somebody something new. After all, (white or black if you will) isn't that why we do what we do. Isn't life a big game? Isn't the internet a big chess game? Don't take life too seriously, after all nobody gets out alive.
    Your heart was talking, not your mind.
    -Tiger Shark

AO Part Timer
    We demand free access to information. Which comes with some responsibility. If you really wish to take what you see on television and apply it to life, then you have bigger problems to worry about. Personally I like Tech Tv. Yeah some of the stuff they talk about makes me say WTF? While morale standing might come into play. They might actually teach somebody something new. After all, (white or black if you will) isn't that why we do what we do. Isn't life a big game? Isn't the internet a big chess game? Don't take life too seriously, after all nobody gets out alive.
    -Tiger Shark

Man, the point that I as well as others are trying to make is media responsiblity! Having said that, Tech TV carries some weight with some people "for examples kids"! If some kid reads this off of their website and they think that it is OK and they do try it, it could land someone in trouble.

And no this is not about cencoreship! This info and even more damaging info can be had on the internet! It's all about responsible reporting! And in this they have failed!

Contact Tech TV at:

http://www.techtvcanada.ca/canada/st...ntact_us.shtml

You can also contact us by email at: info@techtvcanada.ca or by phone at 1.866.260.0055

Man, the point that I as well as others are trying to make is media responsiblity! Having said that, Tech TV carries some weight with some people "for examples kids"! If some kid reads this off of their website and they think that it is OK and they do try it, it could land someone in trouble.

And no this is not about cencoreship! This info and even more damaging info can be had on the internet! It's all about responsible reporting! And in this they have failed!

Contact Tech TV at:

http://www.techtvcanada.ca/canada/st...ntact_us.shtml

You can also contact us by email at: info@techtvcanada.ca or by phone at 1.866.260.0055

AO Part Timer
    And no this is not about cencoreship!
    Let me see, giving people cut and dry information. Yet expecting them not to ask questions. Sounds like communism in a way. We are in America(most of us perhaps). Let me tell you what I see happening in the future. Computers are going to follow the automotive industry. Some punk kid puts sugar in the tank, car gets messed up. You take it to get it repaired because you can't fix it yourself(most of you perhaps). Kid disables AV and installs server, you can't fix it so you take it get it repaired.

This keeps the fat cats happy. This is how the economy supports the capitalistic society we have. I personally applaud Tech TV for bringing these things to light. Point you ask? If you own a device mechanical or electronic, and you can't keep it up and running based on your own ignorance. Then I say you deserve what ever happens to you.

Any mod wanna move this to chit chat perhaps?
    -Tiger Shark

AO Part Timer
    And no this is not about cencoreship!
    Let me see, giving people cut and dry information. Yet expecting them not to ask questions. Sounds like communism in a way. We are in America(most of us perhaps). Let me tell you what I see happening in the future. Computers are going to follow the automotive industry. Some punk kid puts sugar in the tank, car gets messed up. You take it to get it repaired because you can't fix it yourself(most of you perhaps). Kid disables AV and installs server, you can't fix it so you take it get it repaired.

This keeps the fat cats happy. This is how the economy supports the capitalistic society we have. I personally applaud Tech TV for bringing these things to light. Point you ask? If you own a device mechanical or electronic, and you can't keep it up and running based on your own ignorance. Then I say you deserve what ever happens to you.

Any mod wanna move this to chit chat perhaps?
    -Tiger Shark

Let me see!

Let me see, giving people cut and dry information. Yet expecting them not to ask questions. Sounds like communism in a way.
    Dude, you're whole relpy to my original post is not only skewed but, where in the hey are you coming from!

I'm sorry but, I have to laugh! You took the original intent of this thread and spread it, well, I don't even know where you're attempting to go anymore!

Later!

Let me see!

Let me see, giving people cut and dry information. Yet expecting them not to ask questions. Sounds like communism in a way.
    Dude, you're whole relpy to my original post is not only skewed but, where in the hey are you coming from!

I'm sorry but, I have to laugh! You took the original intent of this thread and spread it, well, I don't even know where you're attempting to go anymore!

Later!