Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another Ad ?

Banned

Another Ad ?

Oh god, what that new ad doing on top of AO's main page above AO's logo.... Ok the big one is somewhat color and looks Tech Related but the new one is just too colorfull...this really makes the site look bad.

These entries in my hosts file seem to do the trick....poof no ad's

127.0.0.1 AdNuker
    127.0.0.1 mjxads.internet.com

Cheers:
    DjM

Ads? What ads?
    I use a great little program called Proxomitron ( http://www.proxomitron.info/ )
    It's pretty simple, just a local proxy that filters all HTTP traffic sent through it.

The filtering rules are extremely customizable, and it's got some neat extras like a realtime window displaying your raw HTTP traffic. A real hacker's tool.

Try it, you'll like it.
    Unless you like ads, of course.

Who cares, this site exists to MAKE MONEY. You bunch of leaches get to waste your life here for free. Quit bitching. Unless you want to pick up the tab of course.

Banned
    Its the reaction of those of us from JP's day when there were no ads.

As long as those ads will not lower AntiOnline speed, I will not complain. But I must admit that each time I come here (one time a month, currently), I discover a new advert.
    Life is boring. Play NetHack... --more--

Regal Making Handler
    Nis has blocked all for me. Ads? what ads.
    What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad. - Dave Barry

Banned
    They dont bother me too much, but this one is just too colorfull

Who cares, this site exists to MAKE MONEY. You bunch of leaches get to waste your life here for free.
    Isn't one huge banner enough ?

and you aint the first one to say that, we all said that when the first one came to AO....

No, I don't think we have enough ads in fact. By god everytime I come to this site, I yearn for one of those ads that is like "Stab the monkey in the heart and earn a DVD player!" I didn't really come to this forum to talk about secutiry. I just want to stab a monky gif in the heart and get a free Apex dvd player after giving some phisher all my information so they can sell it to the russians.

Now that you mention it, it is kinda gawdy. The ads are starting to make this look like that blackcode site.
    You shall no longer take things at second or third hand,
    nor look through the eyes of the dead...You shall listen to all
    sides and filter them for your self.
    -Walt Whitman-

Computer Advertisement for a Connected World

Me thinks this should be the new slogon for the site