Thread: Network Adaptor Problems

Network Adaptor Problems

Hello,

On my home network, I use a D-Link XA601 Powerline USB Adaptor. That adaptor works fine on desktop computers but will not work on my laptop. Any suggestions?

T3h Ch3F

More info

Greetings: Can you provide more information regarding your system?
    Get some good religion from Bad Religion.

The Laptop is a Dell Inspiron 1100. Celeron 2.2ghz, 256mb RAM, Windows XP Pro. I am using Internet Connection Sharing on a Desktop Computer to share the DSL connection with the USB Powerline Adaptors. The connection works on all 3 desktop computers but does not work on the laptop.

Search google for stuff. Maybe there is hardware crap out there that a nice warm driver upgrade could fix.

Or maybe you should use RJ45 instead of USB to share connection.

More ideas, make sure that the laptop is set up to use DHCP for its ip. I'll give you more of these "ideas" later, but it is David Bowie Sleep Time!!!
    You shall no longer take things at second or third hand,
    nor look through the eyes of the dead...You shall listen to all
    sides and filter them for your self.
    -Walt Whitman-

Is the 1394 USB connection enabled? I believe it is that protocall it would use if you are using a USB port for connection....but I could be wrong also, as I have never used an USB connection with my laptop.
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown