Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: sasser.a suspect caught

sasser.a suspect caught

They have a supect for the sasser.a worm.

http://www.reuters.co.uk/newsArticle...5&section=news

HANNOVER, Germany (Reuters) - German police have arrested an 18-year-old man suspected of creating the "Sasser" computer worm, believed to be one of the Internet's most costly outbreaks of sabotage.

Previous versions of Netsky, for example, were programmed to attack the Web site for an education server in the German state of Lower Saxony where the German suspect lived, security officials points out.

If the Sasser author is part of the Netsky group, which calls itself the "Skynet ant-virus group" this could be the single biggest arrest yet in bringing down a virus-writing gang, officials said.

"The police may just have cracked the Netsky gang with this arrest. The whole ring may be broken wide open," said Graham Cluley, senior technology consultant at Sophos Plc, a British-based security outfit.
    Now that would be interesting.
    Since the beginning of time, Man has searched for the answers to the big questions: \'How did we get here?\' \'Is there life after death?\' \'Are we alone?\' But today, in this very theatre, you will be asked to answer the biggest question of them all...WHO LIVES IN A PINEAPPLE UNDER THE SEA?

AO's MMA Fanatic! Computernerd22's Avatar

Suspected 'Sasser' creator arrested in Germany

If this is the wrong forum I apologize to the moderators. Since this issue is 'sasser' related I posted this here. I was surfing on a MSNBC this morning when I noticed a catchy title 'sasser creator busted' The full story can be found here http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4928653/

It seems it was created by an 18 year old high school student. I was shocked when I saw this. He should get a job for Mircosoft.

Worm infected thousands of computers worldwide
    This was a nasty worm infected more than thousands of PCs I'll tell you that. We were in que for 7 hours because of this issue not to mention for the past week straight. Hospitals in Hong kong, Coast Guard a lot of different places got hit hard by this not to mention home PC users. Whats your take on this? I wanna know how they caught him because they caught him pretty quick.

Sasser author possibly caught....

The author of the Sasser Worm may have been caught.
    An 18 year old student from northern Germany has been taken into custody and allegedly confessed to the authorities, that he is the author. Evidence has been confiscated from his parents home, where the student also lived. A further official statement is to follow later in the day.

http://www.faz.net/s/Rub21DD40806F83...~Scontent.html

This guy is no longer a juvenile!!!!

Not bad that they have caught him. Could this worm be big if people would have updated their PC's? I think not because the Update for this problem existed a long time.

Regal Making Handler
    This makes three times this has been posted, does no one use the has my topic been posted befor tool.

Sheesh. I heard the first time.

I just checked the times and it would seem you were the first to post nice find.

Jinxy
    What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad. - Dave Barry

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Ok. Here's what I did: Took the 3 threads, merged them into one (since Moonwolf was first, his original thread was kept) and got rid of some dup posts (notably by Jinxy ). If ya have questions, just hollar.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

If ya have questions, just hollar
    MsM's wild side coming out or is Canada getting cool??? Give her some beers, lets see what she does

if this breaks the skynet gang it'll be because this kid might know who they are and tells. which i dont think is the case. there are no messages in it to the beagle gang and this one is just plain malicious it does nothing to thwart their opponents viruses.

imo its a typical attempt to blame all crimes on one criminal to try to appear to the public that they actually have a clue.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    imo its a typical attempt to blame all crimes on one criminal to try to appear to the public that they actually have a clue.
    Who? The police or the kid that got caught and thought this was a "kewl" thing to do?
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Now this is just pure spun bull by the media. I cannot recall seeing any official statement to that effect. But the possibility shouldn't be discounted. Maybe we'll see some pictures of dear Sven J. being tortured in some gulag, with Bill Gates later apologizing for bad management of prison policy.

Nothing personal, but it may be a good idea to give this some time. The authorities have some "evidence" to analyze. LOL, can you see Ankit in a consulting position.