Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: mjk's guide to computers and security!

mjk's guide to computers and security!

Hey everyone,

I was getting pretty bored last night so I put together this little page.

Consider it a work in progress... I will be updating it in the near future. I'm looking for suggestions for new categories or individual sites to link to. If you have anything to add, PM me or post it.

Here's the URL: www.freespaces.com/mjk89/securitylist.html

Enjoy.

mjk

http://samspade.org/

and

http://tldp.org/

SamSpade under tools obviously and tldp under learning linux.

Otherwise seems like quite the collection of good links...

Good work, kudos for the effort.

Maybe put a lil more colour onto the page.
    Found the grey and black to be a lil dull, but other then that tons of useful links i should find helpful.

cheers
    front2back

I would like to see php

Ok, I added Sam Spade and Tldp, changed the colors a little, and added some PHP links.

Any suggestions for color schemes? The yellow is ok but I think it could look better

Thanks for the quick replies

mjk

EDIT: OK after Grunt's suggestion new color scheme is white text on black background. It looks pretty cool!

I'm really not hitting it with the yellow... maybe a white on black? more exciting than black on white, but not by too much.. hmm... That's all I can come up with color wise.. If you keep the yellow, make it darker like it is on this site.
    [H]ard|OCP <--Best hardware/gaming news out there--|
    pwned.nl <--Gamers will love this one --|
    Light a man a fire and you\'ll keep him warm for a day, Light a man ON fire and you\'ll keep him warm the rest of his life.

Good to see valhallalegends made the cut for an assembler resource. I hung out there for a while when I was more into gaming, but those guys really know what's what when it comes to assembler programming.
    Is there a sum of an inifinite geometric series? Well, that all depends on what you consider a negligible amount.

Hi,

You might want to add one more Link:

www.experts-exchange.com

MRG

Ok I added experts-exchange.com. I also moved stuff around a bit, and added a few sites. Yay! Updated to version 0.2

I have a question to people experienced with MS FrontPage (or web page building in general): How to I make it so when someone clicks the links, they open in a new browser window? That way they won't have to manually hold shift or click the back button a bunch of times. Thanks.

mjk

EDIT: Ok, right after I posted I figured it out. Also thanks to The Grunt for trying to help

not sure how to do it in frontpage, but to make it open in a new window using HTML you do it like this:

&lt;a href="http://google.com" target="_blank"&gt;Google opens in new window when you click here&lt;/a&gt;