Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Small Network

Regal Making Handler
    I think you still have to create the short cuts though. I may be wrong though.
    What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad. - Dave Barry

You have to map the network drive if you don't see it in my network places, but thats it.
    =

now i actually think i didnt set up my network correct...there are 5 choices to choose from and i dont know which one cause its like this...

DSL Model > Router > 1 laptop and 1 desktop

and if u go into set up network office i think its the option 4 but it cant finish the setup on that option

All you should need to do is right click on the folders you want to share, select sharing and security, then share this folder on the network.

Also make sure that you installed file and printer sharing.
    =

well i guess im missing that, but i dunno if i installed it right at all because i cant use net send commands, nor file sharing at least not yet...how do i know if i installed it right?

Regal Making Handler
    Start>>network connections>>local area connections>>properties
    What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad. - Dave Barry

hahaha this sux....i dunno if i have set it up right for 1...then again when i enable share files on my 1394 connection on my laptop the internet wont even work lol...yea im confused but i guess ill sleep on it and leave it as it is right now, they both got internet w00t

don't enable the 1394. All you want is your Local Area Connection.

install file and printer sharing like jinxy told you to, then share a folder right click - sharing and security - share tis folder on the network.

Make sure both computers are in same workgroup

start - right click my computer - properties - computer name and make sure they are both the same for workgroup.

Do you have any firewalls running?
    =

well i got norton firewall on desktop and linksys built in firewall...when u say enable file and printer sharing u mean just check the box...cause its enabled on all of them

Open up norton, go to personal firewall then configure and add you IP range in there.

heres mine.

/edit yes I know my firewall is disabled but thats just for networking purposes right now, I am behind a hardware firewall.
    =