Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Small Network

Small Network

ok well im kinda mixed up about this..i brought a linksys router today and i set it all up couple mins ago and on my laptop i can connect with no prob...donteven have to install anything but on my desktop i dont know wtf is wrong with it...i have 2 ethernet cards and i tried them both, but it just cant establish a connection with my dsl modem through my router, it does have router connection though. any solutions for this?

Regal Making Handler
    Have a look under tcp ip properties and make sure Get ip address automaticaly is selected also make sure you have dhcp client running as serves
    What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad. - Dave Barry

well i did that yes...but i solved it somehow now...i followed some directions on the start guide it said something like go to internet explorer and go to 192.168.1.1 and log in by this and that and there i set my ISP up and other stuff...ok now i know how to connect with my desktop, now ima go see how to connect with laptop lol

Regal Making Handler
    RTFM, lmao
    I thought you would have done that 192.168.1.1 to set the router up.
    What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad. - Dave Barry

ok i got both set up...but one question, i set my drive on my desktop to be shared on the network but i cant see it on the laptop...?

disable your firewall
    =

Regal Making Handler
    Where are you looking? my network places. Try creating a new network connection to it. You can also map a network drive through my computer>>tools>>map network drive.

i have set up a network on desktop but not on laptop yet...the laptop had internet connection but no network set up yet so i guess after that it should show up

Regal Making Handler
    Lol yes

Well as long as you have shared folders and both computers are in the same workgroup they should see each other without having to go throght the wizards.
    =