Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2 machines on 1 network?

2 machines on 1 network?

Ok the thing is i got them both on my network...they must be same workgroup to share files and when i put one onto lets say home workgroup...i cant put my other one, i got an error occured on the set-up network wizard...why cant i put them both onto one?

WTF? You can't get 2 machines into the same workgroup?

Have you tried doing it manually? I mean, without the wizard...
    Real security doesn't come with an installer.

Regal Making Handler
    Check to see if ICF has been turned on xp likes to turn that on for you, even though you might not want it.
    What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad. - Dave Barry

ok here is whats happening...i think i got them both onto workgroup: KUCA, and on my desktop i can asses the laptop and my own files but i cant see desktop on the view workgropu computers on the laptop...

what Operating systems?
    Have you checked permissions on the folders?
    Faqt

If you want to make God laugh....make plans.

its windows xp both of them...it shows they are both on same workgroup but they are not lol
    i just dont see what im doing wrong here...

Regal Making Handler
    Delete the connection and reboot. Then try again.
    What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad. - Dave Barry

this is freaky lol...if i go to properties on 1394 connection and enable sharing i loose my connection to my router and the internet...can somone give me a mimi tutorial or something on how to set up my network correctly and map my drive?

...my network is like this: DSL modem -> Router -> split into Laptop and a desktop

for one time my desktop had access to laptop files but i want the opposite..that my laptop has access to desktop computer files

How do you have them setup? (each to the router, or to each other and the router?)

If you're using the router as a proxy to connect to the internet, are your IE settings set with the proper ip address for the router?

Does the router have both computers address's and subnets correct?

I'm just throwing out some ideas here.
    Faqt

If you want to make God laugh....make plans.

lol i dont know ...anyways now i got them both on workgroup KUCA and laptop can see my desktop computer but it sais doesnt have permission to access..please contact admin?