Thread: Pc Smart Recovery 4.44

Pc Smart Recovery 4.44

Ok i am useing PC Smart Recovery 4.44 and i was just wondering how do i recover MP3 files with it the only audio files it has listed a WAV DSS and AVI it says on the web site that it can also Recover MP3 so i was which of the above if any would i use

I just fired up my version, and I don't see anywhere that there is an option to recover mp3 files, so in short, this won't do it. Go to the same website and get PC Inspector file recovery....that sucker will get anything.

An alternative is ...aw crap, I can't remember the name..it's on my office computer, and all I can recall is that it has a dragon image, and the box has an orange background...it has a nice interface (can we say vague? ).. anyway, if I think about it tomorrow, I'll post it.

EDIT: Ok, I found it. The application is called Exposed.. (that's two thumbs up)

http://plantfloor.com/ExposedInfo.htm

Ok i got PC Inspector file recovery now when ever i search threw the clusters i find the files i want and save them but they want play am i leaveing a step out or what i will be thankful for any help

Errrrrr,

Sorry to have to say this, but have you checked the size of the recovered files?

If I were you I would go to the Trend Micro site and run "housecall".... there are viruses that delete audio files by setting their size to zero.................you may think that you have recovered the file, but your system may still be "seeing" them as 0 bytes.

You may have to run a recovery tool from one of the AV providers?

Just a thought

it has the normal file size it isnt at zero i might be a newbie to this but im not a complete dumb ass

but im not a complete dumb ass
    Then you should have maybe been able to figure out that when you right click on a file,it asks you where you want to save it..

It has a nice four step instruction in the help file... did you want someone to come over and do it for you?

Regal Making Handler
    It's cuz they are corrupted, maybe over written try google for a recovery app.

Edit, are you running the recovery app from the same drive?

Iff you are you installed it, possibly over what you want to recover.
    What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad. - Dave Barry

Ok i got PC Inspector file recovery now when ever i search threw the clusters i find the files i want and save them but they want play am i leaveing a step out or what i will be thankful for any help
    Hmm. The avant garde style of punctuation and spelling threw me off (and capitalization even)

but im not a complete dumb ass
    But we do make mistakes, We have been known to read things into a post, we can missread a post..tired don't help either..

But when we make a mistake..don't abuse us..

Cheers
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

sorry about being a jerk its just sometimes my involantery rage problem gets the best of me