Thread: Cisco Pix or Checkpoint firewall

Cisco Pix or Checkpoint firewall

I've pondering whether learning cisco technologies or the checkpoint anyone can tell me the difference of both firewall ?

There are far more than just one difference. And just by asking that question it makes it sort of difficult to even take you seriously. If you are actually interested in this technology then you should really read up a little on them first. There are many white papers on those firewalls as they the most popular going.

Take my advice....Do a little research and put a little time in it and you'll be rewarded.

P.S. One major difference between the two is one is hardware (pix) and the other is software (CPFW).
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

D_K,

as mentioned by KorpDeath, do a little research. I spend only about 2 seconds on www.google.com and here's one of their large number of comparisions:

http://www.roble.com/docs/fw1_or_pix.html

cheers

Ahh, google is god.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

thanks for the advise