Thread: Project 1 its time OK?

Project 1 its time OK?

anybody seen this? I recentley had this popup straight after booting
    Project 1
    its time
    OK
    it stalled the bootup (no taskbar,no icons)just a cursor and a little box with the above text and an ominous OK button-i didnt press it
    after terminating it from the task manager the machine took 30 min to finish booting
    had to re-install to get rid of it.......

Try looking at this..........nice young Swedish lady's site

http://swedegirl.diaryland.com/031128_31.html

Looks like it was some sort of adware/spyware? otherwise, have you been doing any online/interactive training courses?

What has happened, I guess, is what I call a "deadly embrace"...........two proggies trying to use the same resource at the same time. I have frequently had this problem with the "nag screens" associated with time limited trial software, so if you download any, get rid of it 1 day before it expires

Cheers

BTW I found the link within a few seconds using Google. Just put the phrase in "s to restrict the number of hits.

The link was entitled "I suck: and that's cool"...........can't imagine what she was referring to?

yeah go swedegirl -i was there for ages .....never thought a blog would interest me

im not sure what nag ware i may have had on the machine at the time........
    although i had d/l ed some patches from a warez site the week b4
    id say thats where it came from

i did google for it at the time......i didnt find anything -but as you saw there was lots of links with 'time' and 'project 1' but only swedegirls site was relevant-that and something that was in greek i think-not much out there on it-which surprises me,cos its been a few months since it happend

Yeah,

Like I said, you have to use inverted commas to limit your Google, otherwise it will search on words?

Please do not take that as any sort of criticism........just some advice on fault finding & correction, hell I will be 54 on my next anniversary (birthday)...........some of us old farts might just be able to help..............hey, ask my 8 year old nephew about "uncle johnno's" game hacking skills

Good luck

yeah

no crit taken dude-i did use ""btw

and i dont doubt that "uncle johnno's" been in the game longer ,and has more up his sleeve than i
    i have stayed mostly on the inside of my machines,and couldn't hack my way out of a wet paper bag,im only interested in keeping ppl out,but lately my firewall isnt keeping up
    so ive turned to here to try and get some better understanding................