Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sasser Authors last fling

Re: Sasser

Originally posted here by Chickenpox2004
    On the other hand the wholes is good for Linux because until now nobody saw Linux only Windows and that was it. But now there is Linux which makes your live more easier. No wholes to fix, no Viruses and no Blue Screens. I don't think that Linux will be in the future safer than Windows. Because now everybody is running to Linux (intelligent people) and they e.g. SUSE want to bring out a newer better System. What do you think AO Members about that?
    When you say no virii for *nix I'll just assume you mean Cheese, Li0n, & (ect) correct? Most of these non-existing worms for *nix spread because of all that non-existant exposure to vulnerabilities. Please define a intelligent person for me and why a OS is involved.

I've seen even the most average and not-so technical Joe Blow can pick up on another OS simply because it's "the hip thing to do". The majority of *nix machines online right now are still mostly owned by companies running servers & I don't find those Suit and Tie types to be any smarter than the average Joe at all. Even at times I myself have run various styles of OS.

And im a dumb-ass and to say that I or peaple like me are in any way "intelligent people" is degrading to yourself & AO.

Korp~

You are right there...............If I could afford it , I would go solaris, even AIX?

At home, I am restricted by reality

Cheers

Regal Making Handler
    I wonder how all of these strange rumors get started about us computer geeks being antisocial and elitist
    Thats an easy one.
    Computer geeks dont speak in a recognized language. A delimiting variable composed of an object,linked to a router,that has an ip, that works on tcp, with netbios,netbui.and what is udp all about.
    What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad. - Dave Barry

Computer geeks dont speak in a recognized language.
    Us leet haxors... w3 4LL t4Lk 1n 1337 sP34k!!

Us leet haxors... w3 4LL t4Lk 1n 1337 sP34k!!
    Then what language to the "Skiddies speak?

f2b:.

Nihil: Solaris 9 x86 arcitecture is being released free Enjoy
    By the sacred **** of the sacred psychedelic tibetan yeti ....We\'ll smoke the chinese out
    The 20th century pharoes have the slaves demanding work
    http://muaythaiscotland.com/

Originally posted here by .:front2back:.
    Then what language to the "Skiddies speak?
    <--- What ever language this guy speaks.

Did somebody suggest Mac? Don't feel secure just yet. Even Macs have trojan...
    http://www.macworld.co.uk/news/main_...fm?NewsID=8664
    http://www.macworld.co.uk/news/main_...fm?NewsID=8665

Yes, it's not a real trojan, it's more a social eng effort. But still somebody really spent some time to (learn to) create an AppleScript (which is known to be unsecure) program for that matter.

Peace always,
    <jdenny>
    Always listen to experts. They\'ll tell you what can\'t be done and why. Then go and do it. -- Robert Heinlein
    I\'m basically a very lazy person who likes to get credit for things other people actually do. -- Linus Torvalds

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    I got this in FD this morning. Now I'm not a big fan of M$ but let's be real here... While his intention may not have been to do damage, it did damage. To expect that a worm isn't going to do something is silly, especially since there are ample examples of this in history (Morris is the best and most famous one). I don't know. Maybe it's just me but as the saying goes... "do the crime, do the time".

At the moment the Author of SASSER, Sven Jaschan is free again. Don't let him be a victim of the mistakes microsoft makes. Microsoft is still working on a new process, we want to give Mr. Jaschan some money to at least hire a lawyer to stand against the troll called Microsoft! At http://support-sasser.homepage.dk you can support this project using PayPal. We'll wait for a few weeks and then use the money the way money is meant to be used.

Let's all make sure that microsoft can't blame engineers and worm-authors for using these so-called "Microsoft Features" also known as bugs! After all, SASSER was intended as a harmless wake-up call to the world. Imagine what could happen if this had been done by criminals with no respect for the public. Medical systems could be open for tampering, harbor control systems could cause massive oil spills by terrorists and so on. Sven did the right thing by making this alarm call. When will people realise that microsofts base products are not fit to be subjected to the hostile environment that the internet is these days?

PLEASE HELP US SUPPORT THE CAUSE! THIS INSANE MICROSOFT MANIA MUST END!

Cheers,
    The support sasser team.
    http://support-sasser.homepage.dk
    support-sasser@hushmail.com
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Oh Yes!

My pet garden slug has better social engineering..............send the money to me instead..........I will buy "bullseye", "speer", mercury (the elemental metal)...............and put them all out of their misery?

Spend the money on what it should be spent on?............how many lines/lids /shots??????????????

ACK!

Seems like a scam to rip off Microsoft haters............

And don't think that THEY won't be watching who contributes.....maybe it is THEIR site/scam?