Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Auditor Security Collection Released

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar

Auditor Security Collection Released

You can find it here. Looks like an interesting distro. Me thinks I'll have to burn this one at some point.

Auditor security collection released

Just like to inform, that i have released my penetration test distro right now on my companys website under the gpl. The main difference between phlack, fire and knoppix-std is, that it is focused on usability. As you know remote-exploit.org was focused in the past on wireless stuff, so you can bet that all the wireless stuff is included. No hassle to configure kismet etc, just plug in the card, start the scanner and go. But don't missunderstand, it is not focused on wireless, check the short description below or go to my companys website to see details and download links.

Short description:

The Swiss Army Knife for security assessments. A Linux-based, unified platform focused on penetration tests. The robust power of Open-Source tools without the hassles of configuring hardware or installing any additional software. This powerful toolset is started directly from the CD-ROM without any local installation. Independent of system hardware, Auditor security collection provides the user with over 300 powerful analysis tools for troubleshooting and securing networks and systems. Delivering powerful, functional tools in a user-friendly environment while eliminating complex configuration was our goal when enhancing knoppix and designing Auditor security collection.

No other commercial or freely available analysis platform offers an equivalent level of usability with automatic configuration and focus on penetration testing.
    And to give you an idea of what they cover, this is a listing of their tools (over 300!?).
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    Hmmm.... Sounds like it might be what I was looking for when I installed this darned Fedora.....

Burn, Baby Burn.
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

It burns, it burns.

Thanks MsMittens, this is looking to be very fun.
    Real security doesn't come with an installer.

I downloaded it from the ftp site and it has the .bz2 extension. Are you supposed to bunzip2 it before burning the .iso? I have never downloaded an iso with another extension before, so any help will be appreciated.

The Recidivist
    bzip2 -d filename.bz2

hjack
    "Where the tree of knowledge stands, there is always paradise": thus speak the oldest and the youngest serpents.
    - Friedrich Nietzsche

thanks hjack, but I am still not sure if I am supposed to do that before burning the iso.

Originally posted here by devpon
    thanks hjack, but I am still not sure if I am supposed to do that before burning the iso.

its not an iso its a bzip2 file (compressed) when you bunzip it you will have an iso image to burn.
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
    The international ban against torturing prisoners of war does not necessarily apply to suspects detained in America\'s war on terror, Attorney General John Ashcroft told a Senate oversight committee
    -- true colors revealed, a brown shirt and jackboots

You can use other programs to decompress it.

I used WinRAR.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

Antionline's Security Dude instronics's Avatar
    This is a real goody. Thank you msmittens

Copy File(s) Progress
    384.5 KB of 510 MB Complete 1/1 file
    3.6 KB/s ( 23:59:59 remaining )
    Current status: 0% downloaded so far.

w00t, you gotta love my leet greek dialup. But, after reading that site, its a must have for my tool collection

Cheers

/edit
    (10 mins later)
    bla
    1.7 megs so far, and still 23:59:59, this looks more like a 5 day download
    Ubuntu-: Means in African : "Im too dumb to use Slackware"

instronics: With those speeds... it'd be faster to have someone mail it to you.

What do you use to manage your downloads? If you are on m$, look into "Fresh Download ".
    I use it when downloading ISOs all the time. No spyware, no adware, no banners, etc. 100% free! Its great for managing downloads.

I downloaded all 4 Fedora Core 2 discs and the Auditor disc all last night before I went to bed and all were sucessful. But then again... I'm on broadband.

If the download for some reason stops, you can restart where you left off.
    You can also pause the DL if you need to do other things that require the bandwidth that your dialup is using.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.