Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Worm feeds on Sasser-infected computers

The virus author is much likely to think of a different "style" of spreading the worm, if s/he reads this article.
    HackerFromHeaven ,
    The Anti-Hacker...http://www.geocities.com/hacker4heaven

Good thing I retained my Win98 OS because it is not vulnerable to those kinds of worms that usually attacks XP

Good thing I retained my Win98 OS because it is not vulnerable to those kinds of worms that usually attacks XP
    Silly rabbit, trix are for kids.
    I'm glad you think that...gives me more work, hence more money . I wish there was more people ignorant about worms....although there's still plenty to go around. I just helped my neighbor clean up her computer....she had 11 different types of viruses, including sasser, soBig, myDoom, netsky and a bunch of other ones...WEEEEEE FUN

Just Another Geek
    I don't get it. Didn't sasser also leave a remote shell open to the world? Why exploit something when you can walk right in?
    Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Originally posted here by Tedob1
    open it on 1023 and 5554. those are the one thats being searched for
    those are the sasser.e ports
    not seeing much on them.

"...the general PC using population who could care less about security and have more of a click-and-go-gimmie-gimmie-gimmie mentality..."

I have a friend who does not have her own computer yet. She has used PCs of two other people and she said they have at least a dozen icons in the tray. I know people who - even after having been told not to still do - click on the pop-ups to: stop pop-ups(!?!), block spam, update/upgrade security, etc.! And the general population that at least cares some about security is clueless and without common sense!
    Oh, you want to sell me a miracle cleaner? Wait right here I'll get you a blank check!